Maf issue

Maxpower200

TDI
B6 passat 140
Seems that since i have had my car remapped i have had maf issues po101, it only seems to throw the code up when i put my foot down? Car starts runs and drives fine, no smoke. Any idea would be much appreciated.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Did you happen to put a cone air filter on it as well? Knowing what car it is will also help.
Seems that since i have had my car remapped i have had maf issues po101, it only seems to throw the code up when i put my foot down? Car starts runs and drives fine, no smoke. Any idea would be much appreciated.

Mozambiquer

TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Hi, its a 2007 2.0tdi 140 b6 passat and no its just a panel filter replacing the paper one
Is it an oiled panel filter? I believe the 2007 would be a PD engine, I've seen that code when the camshaft fails as well, since it will blow back through the intake and it messes up the maf readings. Then, oiled filters, whether a panel filter, or cone type, will cause problems with the VW maf, since they have a hot wire maf that the oil residue will cause to have a faulty reading, and it will cause premature failure of the sensor.

Maxpower200

TDI
B6 passat 140
Is it an oiled panel filter? I believe the 2007 would be a PD engine, I've seen that code when the camshaft fails as well, since it will blow back through the intake and it messes up the maf readings. Then, oiled filters, whether a panel filter, or cone type, will cause problems with the VW maf, since they have a hot wire maf that the oil residue will cause to have a faulty reading, and it will cause premature failure of the sensor.
I believe the pipe cross ones are not like k&n with the oil issue, its a strange situation as i have no issues unless i am sticking my foot down, i will look into the cam and not push her to hard also have a chat with the guy who mapped it and get back to you guys.
Thank you for taking time to help 👍🏻

Mozambiquer

TDI
I believe the pipe cross ones are not like k&n with the oil issue, its a strange situation as i have no issues unless i am sticking my foot down, i will look into the cam and not push her to hard also have a chat with the guy who mapped it and get back to you guys.
Thank you for taking time to help 👍🏻
With the problem only showing up with the sticking your foot down, I would be quite suspicious of the camshaft.

Maxpower200

TDI
B6 passat 140
Back agin as still have this nightmare maf issue! I jave checked everthing and all seems to be working fine l, i have just come across this on ebay and wounder if it was somthing of interest, i cant work out how to put a picture up but its called a air flow Straightener made by vw

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Often small charge air leaks will manifest themselves as a MAF implausibility DTC before a low boost P0299 DTC crops up. I'd closely check the entire charge air tract, with a smoke machine if necessary.

Maxpower200

TDI
B6 passat 140
Thanks for you reply, this issue seems to have started after i had it remaped and with my foot down but that could make a slight air leak bigger causing it to occur more? The car runs fine good boost and mpg i will have a look into getting a smoke test done.... I will celebrate when i get to the bottom of this issue!!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Tiny insignificant charge air leaks suddenly become something more when a new tune requests more boost.

Maxpower200

TDI
B6 passat 140
Thanks im taking the map of later this week to see if the remap is sucking in more air and throwing the maf out and i will also look for any leak but i think a smoke test might be needed as i have go over and over every connection with no joy

Maxpower200

TDI
B6 passat 140
Well..... I had my map removed and the garage said it was duento the mapping, its booked in for tuesday to get another map but i did a scan just to be sure and forgot my egr is blanked off po401coming up, is that a issue to drive with? Thanks in advance 👍🏻

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
You should be good to go. New tune should address P0401. It's an EGR code cause yours is returning bad data (it's blocked off).