Made my turn in appointment today

dcgincc

TDI
2012 Jetta
I made my turn in appointment today, February 1. My turn in appointment, the first available, is March 28.

Needless to say, I am not very happy with this. My commute to work is 50 miles each way, every day.

oregon_rider

TDI
NONE! :-)
I am sorry to hear about your situation.

I think it is best to set your expectations *very* low when dealing with VW on this issue. This will minimize the frustration and disappointment one may feel along the way...

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
I made my turn in appointment today, February 1. My turn in appointment, the first available, is March 28.

Needless to say, I am not very happy with this. My commute to work is 50 miles each way, every day.
I'm not feeling to bad for you, still waiting on an offer letter, check marks in mid November and weekly calls to the lawyers office.

GearHd6

TDI
2014 Jetta Premium 6 Speed
The part that bothers me is that they haven't left any openings available for the people turning in a lease. Those with a lease are supposed to have a turn in date within 45 days. The earliest date available for us was beyond the 45 days.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
My commute to work is 50 miles each way, every day.
That's a lot of miles. Be thankful that you're getting two more months with the lowest mileage depreciation you're ever going to see. As long as you chose EFT, you'll be fine.

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
I'm not feeling to bad for you, still waiting on an offer letter, check marks in mid November and weekly calls to the lawyers office.
Maybe they're discriminating against Arizonans. My coworker and I are in exactly the same situation. Nothing since November....

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
Maybe they're discriminating against Arizonans. My coworker and I are in exactly the same situation. Nothing since November....
My mother in law snail mailed her docs weeks after us and has an appt. One of my coworkers I told about the whole thing after we filed parked her new Subaru after she sold it back last week... I'm not going to call it an AZ thing, just bad luck.

We have a 3.0 too, looks that even from the settlement they have fine tuned the process, able to legally drive on the street, no stripping, free oil change with offer letter and DPF top off. I am glad to have that problem and as frustrating as the 2.0 deal is it is still a win in my book!

dcgincc

TDI
2012 Jetta
That's a lot of miles. Be thankful that you're getting two more months with the lowest mileage depreciation you're ever going to see. As long as you chose EFT, you'll be fine.
I did indeed choose EFT.

I looked at other dealerships in the area. The nearest one is about 200 miles away, and has an appointment available one week earlier, thus, just 7 weeks from now, not 8 weeks from now.

You guys on this forum have been fantastic, but I must say...I don't see how I will be leaning towards VW again for my car.

UNsweet

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagon
My docs are under review, i'm going to be hurting in multiple ways if I can't get one sooner than 8 weeks.

And i'm upset about the lease thing - why are they doing that to you guys?? That stinks.

nick1994

TDI
2013 VW Beetle TDI - 52k
Nope, nothing against Arizona. Received our offer last Friday. Booked appointment for turn in March 21st, soonest available in Phoenix area.

A buddy of mine here in Phoenix also got his offer letter a couple weeks ago.

shaark92

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, manual. '12 Jetta, DSG
Still waiting for our authorization to make the drop off appointment.

Gotta see the number, too. It's all theory right now. 2012 DSG with 80K now ... It's been sitting for 2 months. Didn't want to lose as much as 8500 on a total ... or worse, have to repair it for $3500.

Still love the car, but if they really are gonna throw $18.5 at me ... eh ...

Heard as much as 3 months to "fund" the transfer AFTER vehicle turn-in! hello!

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Heard as much as 3 months to "fund" the transfer AFTER vehicle turn-in! hello!
No, more like three days. If there's a loan, paying it off is a bit of a wildcard, but you getting your money is usually the second business day after the turn-in with EFT, or however long your bank takes to clear the funds if you choose to be paid by check.

UNsweet

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagon
March 9th, which is cutting it very close for the plans in place for the following week. Could have done it in 2 weeks, and visited the man's Dad... except the Man is out of town then and I won't have a ride. UGH.

Here is hoping I can find a car and have it held until then.

shaark92

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, manual. '12 Jetta, DSG
No, more like three days. If there's a loan, paying it off is a bit of a wildcard, but you getting your money is usually the second business day after the turn-in with EFT, or however long your bank takes to clear the funds if you choose to be paid by check.
Thanks Dan.

I know ... spit in one and wish in the other ... but I wish Trump would put the EPA back in its place. This was an absurd deal. Gonna miss that little car ... and blast 'em for devaluing my 06!