MA inspection Boston area

muddflaps

TDI
2002 Golf 2 door TDI
Can anyone suggest a reputable shop that won’t crush my pinch welds when jacking up car to inspect the front end. I’ve had a couple negative experiences over the years, luckily with only a little damage to the undercoating. Yes I’m particular haha.
Thanks

muddflaps

TDI
2002 Golf 2 door TDI
Does anybody have a suggestion in the Arlington, Cambridge, Belmont or Lexington MA area?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm on the South Shore, so not near you. But I just ask the inspector to jack the car on the frame rail instead of the pinch weld, and they're happy to do that. At least so far.

muddflaps

TDI
2002 Golf 2 door TDI
I'm on the South Shore, so not near you. But I just ask the inspector to jack the car on the frame rail instead of the pinch weld, and they're happy to do that. At least so far.
Thanks Indigo, the inspector although a bit of a grump was open to my request and the old Golf passed another year.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Why would they jack from the pinch weld, or frame support? On the A3/B4 with their pocketed upper strut mount this lifting method leaves the suspension loose when the upper strut mount drops down out of the pocket. I was 'failed' for worn upper suspension on one of my B4 Passats for this reason. Lower ball joint wear / play can/should be confirmed only with the tire on the ground. Other components may be easier to check with the tire off the ground, but lifting the tire is not a requirement to perform those other suspension checks.