Lower Control Arms

vincej

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
The front tires are wearing a bit more on the insides than out and I don't see a way of adjusting the camber. I thought I would start by replacing the lower control arms. Does that make sense and if so are some brands better than others? Are there other things to check? The car is coming up to 135k kms. Thanks.

vincej

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
How about changing just the control arm bushings? Is that an easy job, or not? The ball joints are still tight.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
That car will always wear the inside edges of the tires faster than the outside. Make sure the tires get rotated as required, and you can certainly check the alignment but beyond that, it may just be normal wear. I'd not start throwing parts at it.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
The front tires are wearing a bit more on the insides than out and I don't see a way of adjusting the camber. I thought I would start by replacing the lower control arms. Does that make sense and if so are some brands better than others? Are there other things to check? The car is coming up to 135k kms. Thanks.
If you are referring to the front needing some camber adjustment; see if you can find a shop that will adjust the subframe. Supposedly there is some camber wiggle room through that avenue.