Low power / Surging

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
As Todd indicates, mounting can be an issue. In my case, I had the red & blue hoses reversed, perhaps similar to mounting upside down.

reddtekk,
Double check the hose routing from the turbo to the N75, and back to the turbo. Having the red & blue reversed gave mine a subtle limp mode, when using cruise control while climbing a hill.

Tony

reddtekk

TDI
1996 Passat TDI
Thanks for the reply guys. In an attempt to hibernate, I bypassed the N75 valve by connecting the pressure line right to the wastegate actuator. This limits boost to about 8 psi and provides a proportional reduction in power, but the car doesn't surge, smoke (much) or go into limp mode - so I forgot about it for the winter. Well spring is here and I want to make it better. I could imagine the upside-down mounting scheme causing difference in response - I tried it briefly and it made little to no difference. I have flushed it with solvent but I am not getting the results I want. Last try will be the ultrasonic cleaner, and if that fails I'll just clean everything again and replace it.

Yes, the tubes are connected to the correct ports.