Low Mile 2015/16 TDI's about to hit dealers...

VW_Factor

TDI
2003 Jetta, 2009 Jetta, 2020 Passat R-Line Gasser
A few have shown up in the surrounding areas. I feel like these dealers are asking entirely too much for a dieselgate car. Even with vehicles shortages, they simply are out of their damn minds for asking these amounts.

I <3 the TDI, but lets keep it realistic here. lol

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The used car market is nuts right now. The stuff we are seeing here every day amazes me. I never would have thought the things that are happening, are happening, and it is getting worse. Good for us, we are busier than ever (literally, ever... opened in 1989, never been like this).

And the owner's pet project side business is used cars, more of a broker not an actual "lot", and he cannot even find things that he used to be able to find, and now people are getting HUGE payouts for crashed cars and cannot replace them, even with the bloated amounts they are getting.

Our fleets are in full panic mode, and I am pretty sure at some point Jatco is going to run dry of CVTs. The remans have long since dried up, the last 10 or so have all been brand new because there are no cores. Some of the GM stuff lately has been brand new, too.

The last EA888 engine I had to replace, we waited for nearly two months to get.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
Got a surprise call from the Ford dealer yesterday announcing that my Transit Connect got built... Was a surprise 'cause while Ford Motor Company acknowledged the order 3 months ago, I never got the usual notice of a VIN being assigned and production scheduled. So hopefully this is the actual van I ordered at the agreed price, or maybe they've got another one coming that they're gonna try to pawn off on me and probably jack up the price too? Suffice to say some of the dealers are behaving like dumb and greedy house flippers and deserve to get flipped themselves when the market crashes!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
That's the worst part of all of it. Try to make as much money today without thinking about how it's going to effect you tomorrow. We talk about selling our house but then whatever we move into is going to be just as inflated.

oilhammer

TDI
Now you see why so many pensioners/retirees are living in RV parks. The one near my house is PACKED FULL, year round now. And that is even after they expanded and added a bunch more spots.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
That's the worst part of all of it. Try to make as much money today without thinking about how it's going to effect you tomorrow. We talk about selling our house but then whatever we move into is going to be just as inflated.
My father-in-law used to say, "trade down in an up market." If you, say, get a 10% premium on the sale of your house, and buy another that costs a third less, even if you pay that same premium, it's on a lower price.

I also don't think, sadly, that housing prices are inflated. I think they're simply adjusting up. This is our new world, I fear. I don't mind seeing the value of my own home increase, except that property taxes are going up along with it.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
Even worse in Florida- I inherited mom&dad's trailer and lot in an RV park near Naples in 2009. With the recession saw it become cheap housing for the working poor, then as the owners jacked the lot rent and harassed the old timers it became too expensive for the working poor and retirees as lot rent went over $1000/month.

Ragdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf SEL TDi
WOW, I certainly hope no one pays that for a 6-7 year old car, thats criminal.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Wonder what I could get for my 6M '15 GSW S with 15K on it. Stored inside since new to me in '17.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Wonder what I could get for my 6M '15 GSW S with 15K on it. Stored inside since new to me in '17.
Just checked KBB for ya- private party excellent condition range of $18,400-$20,400, the high end is close to what you paid for it new (if you bought it as stop sale one w/ $5k rebate)- KBB is pretty close nowadays...

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
After $8,500 discount, dealer discount (helps to be a customer), and prepayment of the lease to avoid lease fees, I figured my cost for the car was a little under $17K. But clearly I can't replace it for that now, I'm not selling. But it may be one of the few vehicles I've owned that's gone up in value.

oilhammer

TDI
Heh, I could sell my 1996 F150 for triple what I paid for it five years ago. And I don't even want to think about all the Transporters I sold for cheap over the years. The campers and syncros alone could have paid my mortgage off by now. :(

Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20, right?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I did recently sell my '93 M-B 300D for 50% more than I paid for it 8 years ago. Not bad considering I did little to it and a couple years ago it was pretty much worthless.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
Interesting the contrasts between real value and the "markets" valuation- I've got some vehicles that I'm not that impressed with like my Ranger pickup and BMW R100GS motorcycle that are rapidly rising in "value", while the assessor says my 40 year old 1000+ square foot earth sheltered home's value has risen to all of $40k! But in terms of value to me my home is priceless, my TDIs and Yamaha Super Tenere are essential daily drivers, most of my old bike fleet I'm happy to take for short rides every summer, and if my Transit Connect comes in the Ranger will probably find a permanent home in the "grove"...

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
The only time I've ever come close to having a car gain value was on a used Corolla. Bought a 97 in 2003 for $4000. Kids drove it for about 5 years when my youngest sacrificed it on a weight distribution hitch on the back of a Ram pickup. Insurance company gave me $4500 after deductible.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
I'm not on that side of the border, by I swear they used to be 10k less when new back in 2016...... what an amazing deal :rolleyes: