Low Mile 2015/16 TDI's about to hit dealers...

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Hey folks- saw a thread yesterday somewhere else that mentioned a bunch of 2015/16 TDI's that never made it to dealers back in 2015 were released to VW dealer auction a day or so ago and should be hitting dealers in the next week or two. It was said they were selling way above sticker. Miles are in the few hundred to couple thousand range. So if you have to have one, keep an eye out at VW dealers...

Metal Man

Vendor
TDI
1998 NB TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2014 Tiguan gas, , 2019 E Golf X2
The owner of a used car lot that I do some work for told me that a few weeks ago. They were going through the actions, but only VW dealers could buy them.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
There's a thread over at VWVortex about low mile 2019 Alltracks suddenly appearing on VW dealer lots... Could be that VWOA is doing and end of year "housecleaning"?

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
nothing yet around here, also nothing on autotrader yet. With all shipping problems, who knows what the car carrier situation is...

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Following just to see what options pop up.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
None here in central Ohio yet. Interested, I'd like a late model NB in some nice color.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There are no "New Beetles" that new, 2010 was the last year, and they were all gas engines for us after 2006.

The NCS-based car is just "Beetle" (which came out in 2012). I think that is probably what you meant. ;)

Unless these cars were stored indoors, in some level of climate controlled area or at least away from extremes of moisture and sun, as well as rodents and insects, I can't see them being very "nice" by this point.

Five + years in a parking lot outside doesn't do the undersides of these cars any good (and I've seen enough of them to know).

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
yep been seeing them on cargurus for starting $35k on 50-200 miles 2015-16's past 2-3 days. yeow! will post it in few minutes.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Keeping my ears open

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Autotrader-has some low mile Touaregs for upper $50k-lower $70k range, some '15 Beetles with under 100 miles in the $40k range, and a few other super low mile '15 VW models that say 'contact dealer for price' :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
man those seem expensive....
Then again, I haven't been keeping up with car prices

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Damn, I can't picture anyone paying $40k for a 7 year old TDI that sold for $30k in 2015.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I would have thought the same, but people are being quite strange with their money these days. I guess when it's as cheap to get as it is, it doesn't matter what the price is.
Car market is nuts right now. My offer from Carvana has increased another $500 for my '15 GSW, up to $14,519 o_O , I was looking for a manual Subaru Crosstrek in the Horizon blue, and one I saw online was over sticker by about $900. The TDI's I believe will fetch whatever dealers will ask, as they are never being made for the U.S. again... I'd just be leery because you don't know how it was stored for past 6 years. Should the timing belt be changed? Tires/rubber items/batteries/seals.....

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I don't see it. I think they'll sit on the lots for another 6 years before anyone comes along willing to pay $40k. More likely they'll drop prices back to something more realistic first.

ghohouston

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 Speed
Have you guys seen the market on older diesel trucks lately? It's insane, and when I say that, I mean more insane than it's been in years past. I don't doubt these will sell honestly.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
The chip shortage is easing, for example Ford's volume was back up to near normal in November and I'm hearing of buyers ordering a new Super Duty diesel and getting it in only 2 to 3 months, which isn't much longer than usual. My luck getting the Transit Connect minivan I ordered 3 months ago hasn't been as good, but when I ordered it there was no dealer stock to pick from and now there's 5 with the tow package I need within 250 miles. As for paying $10k and more premium for a low mile TDI just because new ones aren't available, there are a bunch of hybrid cars out there that can match the TDIs mileage or that $10k premium will buy a lot of gas. So let these overpriced TDIs rot on the lot for a few more years and hopefully the dealers paid too much for them at auction...

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
I hope you're right about the chip supply leveling off. I haven't heard much about it recently, but there was a lot of pent up demand in the supply chain, that is felt everywhere.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
This is some cool news to see for sure. I just looked up on CarGurus and sure enough, 84,86,87, etc miles only without any pictures listed yet…..$35,000 price tags(Golf) for a soon to be 7 year car with old tech, I’m good. Touaregs going for $65,000 😂😂

I remember purchasing 2 of ours for like $17k at most a few years ago. Let the market taper off or someone else take the initial hit. Still super cool to see!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I saw a manual golf wagen in Charleston for around $37. The wife says we need something that is easier to climb in and out of than another JSW. Guess I'll have to take a look at the ID4. Really want to see if they ever commercialize and bring the ID Buzz over here.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
I saw a manual golf wagen in Charleston for around $37. The wife says we need something that is easier to climb in and out of than another JSW. Guess I'll have to take a look at the ID4. Really want to see if they ever commercialize and bring the ID Buzz over here.
Funny you mentioned that. We’re good for the winter months but we will be shopping an ID4 next year as well. My wife likes her TDI but is ready to move onto something different. Nice choice!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Carvana is snapping up used TDI's like mad and driving up auction prices on other vehicles. If anyone is on fence about selling their TDI, nows the time...

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
80 were auctioned last Tuesday. I don't know the location. 60 of the 80 were purchased by Group 1 Automotive, a big owner of many car dealers, all for between $5-10K over sticker. As far as my contact knows they stored outside.

I only heard about this the day before the auction. I was hoping that there were more, and that they wouldn't go for so much money. But cars sitting outside for 6 years is a deal-breaker for me, anyway.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Isn't the time frequency on the timing belt change five years? I would not buy unless they changed the timing belt, flushed all the fluids, and put new tires on it. Also think about all those leaking sunroofs!

2015 TDI S GSW $26000 from KBB

Last edited: