Loud horns....

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
...I need a good set of LOUD horns for my 2015 Golf TDI, to get local sleepy head drivers attention.

Dealer has no info.

Any ideas? Anybody?

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
..you can have mine. It is too LOUD!

ez

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Heh, I don't ever have need to use my horn.... I assume it works, who knows... :)

Hella has some really load ones.

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
The few times that I've used my horn on the MK7 Golf.
Plenty loud but don't use it often.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
It isn't, you can turn it on / off in the MFA (ATA Confirm).

The NMS Passats are fitted with loud horns from the factory.

-J

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta TDI - Silver, '06 Golf TDI, '06 MB 320 CDI
Fully aware that it can be disabled, but I'm not talking about being unable to disable, i'm talking about the fact that instead of a pleasant and subtle audible notification, they are using the full blown horns for the lock/unlock notification. Very loud at 3am.

acrossthepond

Veteran Member
TDI
several now 2016 Mk7 Golf GTD DSG
Luckily either version of audible notification was outlawed by European Legislation a while back over here.

No more unnecessary noise pollution with chirps and honks all over the place.

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Luckily either version of audible notification was outlawed by European Legislation a while back over here.

No more unnecessary noise pollution with chirps and honks all over the place.
I sure wish they would do that here...

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Fully aware that it can be disabled, but I'm not talking about being unable to disable, i'm talking about the fact that instead of a pleasant and subtle audible notification, they are using the full blown horns for the lock/unlock notification. Very loud at 3am.

.....a short and (at least to me) innocuous beep follows remote locking on my JSW......

Perhaps volume has lowered with the passage of time............

ez

Sunnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
I had to turn it off it's way too loud. BTW the 2015 is way louder then the 2009. Thanks VW :)

Last edited:

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, 6MT, multimedia, plat grey metallic

Those are loud...
Those are awesome, had them on a couple vehicles. Have one in the garage and want to install on my car, took a very brief peek under the hood, not exactly sure where to put it. Where is everyone installing additional noise makers? Would love to put it between front grill and rads somewhere but that did not look very accessible at all.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI

Those are loud...
This was going to be my suggestion as well. Stebel Nautilus Air Horn.

I used to have one on my motorbike. Whenever someone tried to change lanes into me, I made them think they were about to get crushed by a freight train.

It worked! They would abruptly jerk back into their lane with a look of panic. They thought they were going to die! HAHAHAHA.

It literally makes them stop whatever idiotic maneuver they were trying to do. With a normal horn, they just ignore it and continue their stupidity.

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, 6MT, multimedia, plat grey metallic
I almost got run off the road by a distracted driver yesterday, has anybody installed an aftermarket / second horn yet? Where? Going to install my stebel nautilus very soon!

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta TDI - Silver, '06 Golf TDI, '06 MB 320 CDI
If your car has the "alarm kit" there is a 2nd horn mounted up by the wipers which is quieter.

-J

Do you have any documentation to back this? I've never heard this, and a few folks at the dealer I casually discussed this with haven't either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikebits

TDI
TDI Sportwagen 6MT
Mine is a 2015 Jetta SEL TDI I assume the Golf has the same Port Installed options available......
Your Jetta is built on the VW PQ35 platform, the 2015 Golf is on the MQB chassis. These two cars have altogether different underpinnings. That would explain why your second horn / alarm setup isn't relevant to the Mk7 Golf.