Lost wheel lock 06 TDI jetta Anyone in Baltimore MD area have key?

obababoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,
I bought the car and never thought about the wheel lock. owner before me worked at VW so he got free tire rotations. Need some help removing security lug. Will we replace with normal lugs once removed.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
There are 12 or so keys, so having the right ONE is a shot in the dark.

Go by your dealer and buy the BOLTS and ask if they will remove the old locks with their master key set(s). There may be a labor charge...

Bill

RSMS

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
04 T-REG V-10 as a driver but too many others to list and always changing
You can take a 12 point socket that is very close to going over the lock and bang it on with a hammer to take the lock off. We have this problem very often and I have never had a lock we couldn't get off. I cant remember what size to use off of the top of my head but this is a very easy way to remove a lock with no key. good luck

obababoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,
I called dealer, Just going to have them do it. How much do they charge for regular lug nuts at the dealerships usually?

We are on a tight budget right now...Need to replace door harness also :/

Last edited:

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Dealer wanted almost $9 per lug nut! GTFO! I had them rotate and they said my lug keylock is number 0.
Purchase this kit from Harbor Freight

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-pipe-nipple-extractor-set-93822.html
One of the extractors will fit the wheel lock (and probably destroy it when you remove it)

Then order 4 lug bolts (they are bolts not nuts), from one of the on-line vendors, for example
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_V--TDI/Wheels/Bolts,_Studs,_-and-_Nuts/