Lost my Best Friend yesterday........

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
My Stubby.......he passed away yesterday.......I loved this dog heart and soul he was only 5 years old.......there is a terrible void......I am just Heartbroken, I know this is not TDI related........ RIP Big Fellow! I will never forget you!:(

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Sorry for your loss. That's a tough thing to go thru.

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
wow.....thats soooooo sad bro, ive got three dogs and it will prolly kill they day i have to put one to rest......they are truly priceless, just remember the good times, and pray he is in the land of endless toys n chewys.....best wishes

DCdesign

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I'm very sorry. I just lost my German Shepard to Cancer. It's as tough as a family member. Keep your head up through these tough times.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Sorry for the loss Tomo.....you just reminded me that we had to put down our Golden Retriever two months ago that was in our family for 15 years. He was my wife's daily companion when I was at work.

slash28

TDI
none yet; '08 Rabbit S
I am just Heartbroken, I know this is not TDI related
Very sorry for your loss, especially for such a young guy. It's nice to see, at least, that this is a community where you can post something OT and actually get supportive responses. (You probably wouldn't fare so well on TWD.)

Plus 3 Golfer

Veteran Member
TDI
Und tschüss! 2009 Jetta 12/23/2012
I feel for you tomo.

Everytime I read one of these and see the pics it brings tears to my eyes and gets me thinking of our lab Abby and all the joy she brought to our familly for nearly 12 years. I dread the day that our four year old lab Ashley will no longer be with us.

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
I'm not trolling. It was a dog, this is a car forum. Had it been in the general section I would not have read it in the first place. If he spends $500 or $1000 he can buy another inbred dumb looking dog that will have a bunch of health problems and not live very long. people are way better off with a Heinz 57 that you can get for free. spend a few bucks on shots and you are good to go. You have a loyal, low maintenance pet with a good temperament that will most likely live a long time. When I see a goofy looking dog like that, I see problem ridden high maintenance pet that you would be tempted to spend big $ on when problems arise instead of being practical.
wow i feel sorry for u bro, anyone who takes shots at somone elses loved ones, has got to be a person that received little love.... trully sad for someone to hurt people u dont even know...

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
I am a practical person, that grew up in a practical environment, that has a life and has enough love in his life that he doesn't need to go looking for it from animals. The inbreeding that goes on to create a dog that looks like that is cruel and should not be allowed. The inbreeding has produced an inferior animal which is proven by its early demise.
why dont u just stop, stepping all over someones tread, your negative comments are not welcome or needed.........

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
My Stubby.......he passed away yesterday.......I loved this dog heart and soul he was only 5 years old.......there is a terrible void......I am just Heartbroken, I know this is not TDI related........ RIP Big Fellow! I will never forget you!:(
Sorry for your losing your precious dog and friend, tomo366.

I'm not trolling. It was a dog, this is a car forum. Had it been in the general section I would not have read it in the first place. If he spends $500 or $1000 he can buy another inbred dumb looking dog that will have a bunch of health problems and not live very long. people are way better off with a Heinz 57 that you can get for free. spend a few bucks on shots and you are good to go. You have a loyal, low maintenance pet with a good temperament that will most likely live a long time. When I see a goofy looking dog like that, I see problem ridden high maintenance pet that you would be tempted to spend big $ on when problems arise instead of being practical.
Dude, you're a total, heartless loser. I'm sure you won't appreciate my honesty...

eddif

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD Automatic
Life has a way of teaching us. May through the death of pets, we learn to develop attachments to humans that are deep and last into eternity. Even the folks on the forum that drag up trash, bark at strangers, and jump on our clean clothes and ideas. May we understand how we are dogs at times ourselves.

eddif

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
So sorry to hear about Stubby, Tomo. I know how it feels to have a best friend in a dog, mines laying on my bed next to my desk right now. Shes like my shadow and I know I would be lost without her.

As for the trash talking, have a little compassion for people, it is hard to not come attached to something living with you that you care for, even if they are not a human.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
This dog was a Pure Bred Neapolitan Mastiff........and would not bother anyone!! unless you stepped into my house uninvited.......
By the way he was fine the day before.........Had a large mass on his Spleen and was bleeding internally.......
I posted here because my friends are here (you are not one of them) and most knew about My Stubby!!

You are a Heartless sad Person........

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
mixed breed: lukemia
mixed breed: kidney failure
pure bred: nerve sheath cancer
pure bred: liver failure
It doesn't matter their pedigree or ancestry, they are pets, workers, athlete competitors, and companions. When they die or are put down they are missed and mourned. I miss all of them, even the one I didn't particularly like.

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
Sorry to hear Tomo; I know too well how you feel.

RIP, Stubby.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Scott and I are very sorry to hear of your loss, Tomo. Our deepest condolences, and we are thinking of you at a very sad time. Many of our pets are better people than some humans.

As the eternal optimist, can I say that now you can come up to Ho5Gs?

ccs32

Veteran Member
TDI
blue '02 Jetta
I hope that your next friend reminds you of all the fond times you had with Stubby, Tomo. I hate to think of the day Stik Face leaves us... She is an integral component of my family.

I feel sorry for the trolling schmuck... They probably don't have any friends because they are so "practical".

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
My First and Only Dog

I remember my mom and Dad taking me for a ride on my 12th birthday. Little did I realize that we were going to pick up a German Shepard pup we would name Fritz (Schultz from "Hogan's Heroes" was the second choice). Everyone in the neighborhood loved him. I remember one day the phone rang, and a neighbor told us two children visiting the neighborhood where hitting Fritz with a stick. We ran out the door and down the street, only to see Fritz meekly allowing himself to be hit: he knew the difference between unruly children and adults up to no good. In the 13 years he lived, there was not a single robbery in the 84 house neighborhood: it was the worst kept secret in Aston that "Maple Gardens" had a watchman continually on guard. When he was 13, suffering from half a dozen problems, I called the vet. He actually came over to the house. We played "ball" in the back yard for 10 minutes or so. When Fritz was "tuckered out," the vet very casually gave him a shot.It was over in about 3 seconds. I still have his collar in my library. It's a really BIG collar. I like to think he is still on guard in our neighborhood. There still haven't been any robberies.

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
So sorry to hear about your loss, tomo. It was about two years ago this month that we had to have our chihuahua/terrier mix put to sleep, so I know where you are coming from. In his case it was not a sudden, he had been getting weaker and less active and finally simply stopped eating. At that point we realized there was nothing more to be done.

May God give you peace and comfort at this time of loss.

Dave

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Just remember... negativity breeds negativity. If you comment negatively on someone else's comment, it was continue on a cycle. If they don't get a rise out of you, eventually they will go away.

Tom .... *HUGS* I've been there, man.

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
Tomo, I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear pet. I am glad that you came online and shared your feelings with us. That you would put yourself out there on these forums shows how much care and respect you have for this community.

Those of us that know you know this already, nor was it ever a doubt in our minds. However, what I am MOST sorry for is that you had to endure the hurtful diatribe of an *******. I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that you do not deserve that.

I apologise in advance for the forthcoming rant, but it needs to be said. Steelmb and his ilk on these boards need to know what TDIclub means for many of us.

For many members on the Forums, this is not just a club, and in many ways more than just a community. This is a family for many of us. I consider many in this club, Tomo included, to be family in many ways. I have been a member here for eight years now. When I think about it, it really is awe inducing at times. That I met this great group of people on the internet, who are there for me at the drop of a hat, standing by me when I need them most, always non-judgemental, through thick and thin is really a blessing. (And I am not a religious person by any means.) It reaffirms my faith in humanity as a whole. I want to take the time now to say thank you for this blessing.

Tomo, we love you and care about you and want to be there for you when you feel like you need someone, car related or otherwise.

In closing, I want to say thank you to all the members of this club who have helped me, been there for me, and simply made my life a little easier. I only hope I can be there to return the favour when it's needed.

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Tomo - Dean & I are so sorry for your losing Stubby ~ I'm in tears ~ we've been through a number of good-byes with our cats. You have our support and empathy; we are glad you posted your loss to the TDI Family.
Let us know how you're doing.
Kristina

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm very sorry for your loss, Tomo. As many here know, Parker is with me all the time (usually within a foot of me), shown below with our family of TDIs.

Many folks here know him from him joining me at GTGs. He's been to Wisconsin, Michigan (several times) Ohio, the Fest in DC, and, of course, is a cat-fearing regular at Ho5G.

I know they're "just pets", but we get amazingly attached to them. I haven't had a dog since I was a kid, but after 8 years I can't imagine not having Parker around. I miss him when he goes to the groomer for a couple hours.

I know it must be difficult to have lost a dear friend after such a short time. My condolences.

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
When I put Regal to sleep a while ago, I had to close the shop down to get away and grieve. Here's hoping that Regal and your Stubby and all the other pooches and critters we've lost through the years are having a big ole poochfest somewhere. :)