Lost Malone time

Jaycobee

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Hey guys, I took my 06 brm to the dealer to get my heater core hose switched. When I got my car back it seems as if they re-flashed the ecu:(. The boost is only at 17 psi at most. But my vag com mods like windows down with key fob remained. Would that happen with a reflash? Also if it did happen does anyone know what Malone charges to get it out back on? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
all my vag com changes and the DTCs seem to stay as they were with reflashes
only done it about 80 times to my car now

raider929

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Hey guys, I took my 06 brm to the dealer to get my heater core hose switched. When I got my car back it seems as if they re-flashed the ecu:(. The boost is only at 17 psi at most. But my vag com mods like windows down with key fob remained. Would that happen with a reflash? Also if it did happen does anyone know what Malone charges to get it out back on? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'd have to talk to a dealer to get exact pricing but from what I've seen if you've already paid for the tune they only charge ~$50 to put it back on.

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
The car's coding gets saved when a module gets re-flashed with ODIS (dealer's diagnostics/flashing program), so your tweaks will remain. Usually a flash will not even overwrite the coding in the eeprom chip.

Last edited: