Lost acceleration and cruise control temporarily.

hangman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen
Hey guys,

I have a 2013 JSW. I had the delete done A few years ago with the Malone tune kit and the raw tech exhaust. Since thenthe car has been driving like a sports car. Acceleration and power was dramatic.

today I was about 55 minutes from home, and lost that quick acceleration. I had to nurse the car up to about 60 to 65 mph and the cruise control stopped working.. when I got close to home, I stopped at a store to do some shopping for @ 12/15 minutes. When I turned the car back on, the problem seem to disappear and the car was driving as it had done previously.

I’m about 140,000 miles right now. I just did the oil change a couple weeks ago along with the fuel filter. The car has been driving normally since then. Have you guys got idea what happened today with the loss of acceleration and cruise control not working? And when I shut down the engine for @ 12/15 minutes problem is disappeared when I started it up again.

hangman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen
I’m not sure. I’m actually out of town for a couple of weeks down to Florida. The trouble with the way, when I shut the engine down and restarted it. I have the Ross tech vcds cable. I’ll plug it in when I get home to see if there’s any codes? I didn’t get any codes on the dash.

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
E brake causing grief? Or whatever switch assoiated with it? Juat throwing out ideas now....things that would cause the cruise to not work... even the brake pedal switch could do that maybe, i know the car is not happy trying to brake and throttle at the same time (i was trying to trick the traction control on ice)