Looking to list, but I have no idea what to set the price at? 😵

magdoll

TDI
2005 Golf
I have a 05 Golf TDI 5-speed with a little under 150k on it. It sat the streets of Chicago for parking for many years getting banged up but rarely driven. It's not in the best condition cosmetically (notably the rust on the passenger fender, and missing antenna). I had the stock wheels with snow tires on them for 8 years straight, now that I have a garage I put the R32 wheels back on. I had Rocketchip flash it back at tdifest in 2011.

I had aspirations of fixing it up but now that my wife and I are both work from home we just share her 09 Jetta TDI AT....

List of ailments:
Has a glowplug fault code so it's not currently boosting
The comfort control module died (I have replacement, just never installed) so that means no front power plug or cruise control
Airbag light is on
Currently has the wrong size battery

Starts runs/drives perfectly just no boost 😞

Car market is kind of nuts right now, so having it just sit in my garage seems pointless. I just have no clue what to set the price at.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Usually folks chime in with low values. It's a hard question. Get as much as the market will bare.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
How about some pics of the rest of the car? Including the stuff that's not so good. What recent maintenance? When was the last timing belt?

magdoll

TDI
2005 Golf
How about some pics of the rest of the car? Including the stuff that's not so good. What recent maintenance? When was the last timing belt?
There are like 10 pics in that album!

Timing belt was done around 85k I think? Mobil 1 in the northern suburbs did it in 2011 (I think)

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Sorry I thought that was a screen grab. What are the actual codes? Is that a very color?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Auto correct struck again. Is that a grey color?