Looking for trusted TDI mechanic, CT

ibanix

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd
Hi,

I picked up a used '03 Jetta TDI, and I'm looking for a known/trusted mechanic who can give it a complete inspection, top to bottom. The vehicle has been sitting for ~2 years without use.

I live in Connecticut, but I can get to most of Mass and some of eastern NY.

Thanks!
-Joshua

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Meganuke in Enfield and Mike McCann in Westfield, MA are both on the trusted mechanics list.

Last edited:

french69ssrs

TDI
2002 Jetta GL
Bumping This Post Up Again !
Anyone New to the CT List, Maybe in the Fairfield County Area ??
Trying to Sort out my Limp Mode Issue with my 2002 Jetta TDI/ AHL

french69ssrs

TDI
2002 Jetta GL
Hi Nevada_TDI
I gonna say No, As Most of the Time, It Happens in the Morning on the way to Work and it's Dark, But once in a While, it has Happened During the Day, When it's like Below 20 deg. and I Did Not see a Puff.
And I have Changed the VNT Valve.
It's Some kind of Controlling Circuit/ Valve as If I Turn the Key "OFF and On", The Turbo Power is Right there until it Goes into Limp Mode Again ??
Thanks

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Hi Nevada_TDI
I gonna say No, As Most of the Time, It Happens in the Morning on the way to Work and it's Dark, But once in a While, it has Happened During the Day, When it's like Below 20 deg. and I Did Not see a Puff.
And I have Changed the VNT Valve.
It's Some kind of Controlling Circuit/ Valve as If I Turn the Key "OFF and On", The Turbo Power is Right there until it Goes into Limp Mode Again ??
Thanks
Limp mode does not always cause the CEL to light up, but there will be a code stored in the ECU. Either find someone near you with VCDS to scan it or go to your F.L.A.P.S. and have it read with their OBD scanner then report the codes here.