Looking for this bracket...

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
Hello fellow B4 folks....
It's been a while....
This bracket is underneath on the right side just ahead of the rear axle beam and holds up one end of the plastic splash guard. I have found 2 recently (one on a parts rig and one from Abacus's B4V that literally crumble in your hands, I suspect they used some cheap steel for these, they rust up differently than any other bracket under the B4. If yours is still good...Evapo-rust it and paint it up. Much thanks if you have one to spare and can ship to NH.

37FE2C95-954B-45F4-A5A0-BEB09EC841A9.jpeg

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
Yes, that is the one. I've already resigned myself to making one lol.

dezeldon

TDI
'96 Passat B4, 1Z TDI
I don’t post frequently however, I read this forum a lot !
Reading TDI Dave’s post about the bracket, sent me under my 1996 B4 to look at my bracket !
PHEW… long time ago while ’between’ careers, I was under my Candy White Passat with rattle cans of undercoating,
brush-on and spray-on “Corrosion X HD“, non-hardening thick film coating.
‘Been there, Done it !
Removed it today for inspection and… GOOD as new !
While it is out, I’ll repeat the undercoating & Corrosion X on it as well as, the surrounding areas !
I’d add a picture but things are not cooperating…

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
All the B3/4 cars I had access to at one time are gone, and although I did get some of the paneling from under one or two of the B4's I ran into I'm not sure I picked up any spare brackets. I also passed on a center exhaust shield once that I probably now, thinking back, should have gotten.

I had always hoped to find a #6 from the parts diagram but never have, and shipping for that monster is outrageous.

Steve