Looking for TDI (wagon or golf) in SoCal

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
I'm looking to purchase a TDI Wagon or Golf in Southern California

Family is outgrowing the bug but we're likely to keep it as a 2nd car. I live in El Centro so working A/C is preferred, thank you.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
We don't have a specific year in mind. Currently have an ALH and would be open to buying a golf that early but would like to avoid known issues (like auto trans issues, for example).

I personally prefer manual, but not opposed to a newer auto. My main priority is economy, but the newer autos seem to be roughly equivalent in their economy to manuals. I'll take transmission on a case by case basis, don't want to rule anything out yet.

I personally like 2 doors but this vehicle is going to be the family car. 4 doors are probably what we're going to go with...that said I'm going to have a hard time resisting a nice 2 door golf.

Location and distance are not hugely concerning. I'm willing to travel but would prefer to keep my options on the west coast. Obviously in Southern California would make it easiest for everyone. That said, I'm traveling to SF this week and I have family all along the I5 corridor until the Canada border so I can make arrangements to meet up, if necessary.

ModestMeowth

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
I'm likely going to be selling my white b5 Passat wagon in the beginning of December.

New auto trans, balance upgrade, camshaft, alternator w/pulley and the ac works as requested. I'll message you when I get the ad up.

Locate in Slo is somewhat close to SoCal.

tomotdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS, '00 Golf GL auto/5sp swap, '03 GL wagon ,
We have a 2003 Jetta wagon, reflex silver and a GLS. New Bilsteins all around, TT LCA bushings, newer springs as well. 224K with excellent A/C, heated seats, sunroof, subwoofer and amp. Newer eco-tires from Costco. All windows have UV tint, has a hitch also.