Looking for replacing headlights on 2006 Jetta

spfrancis

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI
I found an old thread that talked about looking at ECS-Tuning. I saw a set from Anzo, and a set that was OEM. Price really varied from 299-477. I was leaning toward the ANZO's, and wanted to see if anyone had used these before. My current housing lense is really bad, and I need something to fix that. I tried buying the cleaning kit from Auto-zone, but it really didn't help that much.

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
I was in the same dilemma last year with extremely hazed lenses. Ended up purchasing a set of OEM housings from 1Aauto and the usable light output increased drastically. I'll try and include a picture of before and after so you can compare. I was very satisfied with the result. Search Results for headlights - 1A Auto

spfrancis

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI
okay cool. There are so many choices out there. I see this PERDE choice on Amazon. Did you just updated the housing, and leave the bulbs? Yeah, if would love to see pictures of how these looked on your 06.

Rx7145

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
I used the turtle wax restore kit and they came out amazing.

spfrancis

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI
I ordered the 1A unit. So one question I had is if I need to look at bulbs as well, or really this will be a 1000% better than what I have with the faded lense.

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
The answer to your question will be completely opinion based no matter who you ask. I was so satisfied with the outcome that I didn't even bother upgrading bulbs. Try the new same bulbs in the old housings and see what you think.

spfrancis

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI
yeah that totally make sense. I hope to have the housing in later this week. Will see how the new lense looks. Thanks for the help.

spfrancis

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI
So I'm having a weird problem with the 1A housing. The one side is working fine. The right side turn signal light is not working. I tried switching the turn signal bulb housing with the right side buld housing, and the problem is still on the right side. I'm thinking that either it is the whole assembly, or the wires have gotten munged. All the other lights(headlamp, high beams) all work, just the turn signal. I was going to talk to 1A, but I thought I would mention it here. Is there a way to tell if the signal on the harness clip is getting the signal. Can I just unclip that adapter and test the one turn signal with my testers? I assume I would see a pulse signal when the turn signal is on.

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
I'll see if my manual has any pin references for the headlights in a diagram. Currently on graveyard shift so I won't be able to give you a response again till late tonight. Just a note: 1A has very good customer service from my experience. They forgot to include one of the dust covers on the new housings I ordered and immediately sent me a brand new housing once I sent the other one back.

spfrancis

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI
so 1A actually sent me a new housing. I just got it in, so I will replace it tonight, and see if that was the problem.

spfrancis

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI
so 1A actually sent me a new housing. I just got it in, so I will replace it tonight, and see if that was the problem.