Looking for rear spring solution

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
My wagon rides 2" lower in the rear than in the front with stock suspension. I theorize that some of this is due to the 5sp conversion...that is that the stick trans is lighter than the ZF. The car came with "luxury" rear springs: "1BA"
Im looking for the "1BB" or even the "1BF" Rear Springs. Anyone have a line on those or some similar solution? Looking to raise the rear 2 or 2.25 inches or so.
I found this over at Passat World:

What you are looking for is either the 1BB spring (heavy duty suspension) or the 1BF (heavy duty for permanent rear loading). The 1BF will make the back end high if you're not always loaded. If you look in the trunk where the spare tire is you should see a small sticker with codes (sometimes its in the owners manual as well). You'll see codes like OJC , OJD, OJF 1BA....etc these are the rear axel springs. Tell the dealer you want the same code example OJC except get the 1BB spring unless you want the big daddy 1BF spring.

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
None of the dealers seem to know what im talking about. Like ive been told, from europe only

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Solved for now. I just fabbed up some 1.25" spacers and raised the centering nipple 1.25" also. After testing, I'll post the solution. Still looking for the "always loaded" springs. I know this much so far:
Passat Wagon stock spring:
4B0 511 115 N
One weight level up:
4B0 511 115 DD (from Glen, MoGolf)
Two weight levels up: ?
Also, I think the fronrt rose significantly due to the lighter weight of the EEN 5Spd manual as opposed to the ZF Auto. How much? I dont know bc i didnt have the car as an auto.

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
One more thing.
The dimension from the top of the center door bump strip to the top of the wheelwell cutout is 5.25" or so in the front and 3.75" or so in the back. So the back looks lower than really is.

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
The rear springs are brand new Suplex German product from ID Parts. Found out from PO. What i did was a great stop gap solution but im still on the hunt for the "always loaded" ones.
If i strike out on those, Ill get the one weight level up 4B0 511 115 DD which are available although not common.