Looking for a VW diesel mechanic in San Diego

disastrogirl

TDI
2014 White Jetta SportWagen, replaced my Golf 4 door 5 spd, 2003, Indigo that was totalled :(
I have been going to BRU Automotive for forever, but I just found out that it's closed. I need to find a new place to take my car. Any recommendations?

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
I didn't find anyone that I preferred in SD County, and took our ALH to Brandon at SMS European in Huntington Beach. He was honest, knew his stuff, and great to work with for the few visits I made (before heading back east).

disastrogirl

TDI
2014 White Jetta SportWagen, replaced my Golf 4 door 5 spd, 2003, Indigo that was totalled :(
I'm going to try Wolf's Foreign Car Service. Cross your fingers for me.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
There's also a place that says they specialize in TDIs in Temecula, but I haven't been there. Brandon and SMS were so good (and trusted with TDIs) that I didn't pursue anyone else.

wildn

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI wagon 5spd! 2011 Jetta JSW TDI DSG
Is in Temecula, but I haven't been there. Brandon and SMS were so good (and trusted with TDIs) that I didn't pursue anyone else.
I second Brandon at SMS European, very honest and knowledgeable. I needed a TB done and I emailed him for a quote, it was very reasonable and even installed new motor mounts with the TB without being weird about it.
I'm up in Ventura about 1.5 hrs from Huntington beach and it was well worth the drive.

disastrogirl

TDI
What do you need done?
Right now it’s just to get the 40,000 mile service done. I’m also getting less than stellar fuel mileage and want them to see if they see anything that might be causing that.

disastrogirl

TDI
I was underwhelmed by Wolf. I paid way more than I did at BRU and I didn’t feel like they did any more than the bare minimum. I had asked them to look into my low mileage issues but when I picked up the car the guy hadn’t looked into it. Also, they didn’t reset the alarm so I keep getting reminded to bring the car in.

I really don’t want to drive all the way to HB but I guess that’s what I’ll do next time.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sorry to hear it. At least traffic is currently not as bad. I'm going from SAN to Camp Pend in :45 min, and past San Clem in another :20.