Looking For A TDI Mechanic in Austin Area

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
I will be in Austin all week starting January 16, and my poor ole 98 A3 needs serious tuning work. It smokes all the time (ok most of the time when accelerating), runs sluggishly, and I'm sure it could use some mechanical timing adjustments, etc. Lost my laptop last week which had my Vag Com software on it (can't find my serial number either, mumble grumble), so I can't provide the electronics, though I have a serial cable. Anyway, if someone does diag work I'm prepared to drop it off for a few days for work that needs to be done. Anyone know a TDI mechanic who can go over the beast and heal it up?
I'm prepared to pay prevailing wage for labor :D ...within reason, snicker.

I have a day or two until I really need to change my Hertz reservations, thanks for any replies.

Last edited:

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm aware of Robby's talents :D , I just didn't want to make the man work harder than he usually does...at the last GTG at dzljet's I don't think he stopped at all. I thought he had a real career anyway. (Scratching head)

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
(After looking at Robby's website) :eek: Dang, Robby, I thought you were a beer tycoon or something and only played with TDIs as a hobby! OK, I'm old and don't catch on fastly, occasionally...sometimes...usually.

Well, Rob, can you book me next week to do some diag work and find out what is ailing the beater? I will be putting on a new fuel filter and checking for leaks and such, TB was changed about 12k ago. May need front bearings, you do those? I'll bring the Visa card with some balance left :)

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
OK, contact has been made, money has changed hands....wait...that was two years ago...well I'm sure money will change hands, snicker...last time I met him it was "Hey Robby...what...ok, here's the money...ok, bye" (Scratching head) :p

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
HAR HAR HAR :D

I'm headed that way and I can't be stopped! In spite of that adderlike tongue of yours, we should try to meet up, old son...I'll be in Austin until early Saturday morning, when I have to dash out to Albuquerque...as long as the beater survives Robbie's ministrations :p

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey what's all this raining and wind blowing and yuk weather down here? I nearly got blown off the road on the way to Robby's shop...wait...that was the traffic going past me, snicker :p