Looking for a low mile 06 Jetta w/ DSG

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Picky request, I know! Pretty frustrating to try to find one around here that meets the above criteria.

Basically, my parents want to get a new car w/ superior fuel mileage. They already have an 04 jetta TDI wagon, and with that and my 03 we burn B99 all summer long that we store in a tank at home. To get a new(ish) Jetta that could still burn bio in high %s leaves only the 2006 Jettas . My mom also can't tolerate a stick anymore so the DSG is the only respectable solution there. Is there any vehicle/model I'm overlooking? how late did Passat TDIs run? Did they ever get a DSG trans?

Anyone want to look up the history on this bad boy for me? :
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ctd/1391190199.html

Looks really clean but has a "rebuilt title" . Does that mean rebuilt after some horrific accident?

Need to find a clean, low mile 06 quick, or they're going to put a deposit down on an 2010 and never burn bio again!

Thanks for any help.

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Yeah, it sure would. He sent me a PM as well. Southern Florida is pretty far from me though... Not sure an expensive plane ticket and road trip back are in the cards. Thanks though.

airtimeturbo

Vendor
TDI
too many to list
PM sent

Sent you a PM. We just drove home a very nice P#1 DSG in silver / light grey. New Michelins. All records. 20k done here. 24k miles. TX car so has never seen our lovely salt.

Dale Newton

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
I would suggest taking AMTrak or the Grey Hound. It's cheaper but not as fast, then enjoy the drive back.

Honestly, if you want a well cared for TDI, you're probably going to have to look at a few hundred miles from your home base. [my experience anyway]

My next car (a 98 Beetle) is required to come from west of the mississippi (note that I live ON the east coast). I want to have the story and adventure of my new car picking me up at the (train/bus/plane) stop and then driving back home. :)

Perhaps the owner can meet you half way somewhere, somehow?