Looking for a Jetta Wagon

u4ea

Veteran Member
I am looking for a Jetta Wagon. Loaded with tan leather seats. Automatic transmission. First choice color is white, second is that purpleish blue. I think it is called galactic blue but not sure.

I live in the Pacific Northwest. I traveled to Texas to pick up my last TDI (a NB). But obviously I would like to stay as close as possible.

My dealer is terrible here and barely lifted a finger when I asked if he could search for one.

If you happen to see one of these I would appreciate a post here.

Thanks....U4EA

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JSW(sold 2011) , 2009 JSW RIP 1-5-2013, 2011 JSW
Here in Mn there are tons of TDI Jetta Wagons, One dealer has 15 new TDIs in stock, that was WestSide VW.

u4ea

Veteran Member
Thanks Tango. I will call shortly. I appreciate your help. Hopefully others will weigh in in case I come up empty here.

15 wagons is a lot for a dealer to have. Typically I see 2 or 3 at most.

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
If your going to looking around Mn you should also try Burnsville VW, supposively they are 2nd largest VW dealer in the country. Thats what one salesperson said, they usually have large selections too.

Westside VW Phone # 952-377-4100
Burnsville VW Phone # 952-894-3500

Ron

u4ea

Veteran Member
I bought my last tdi for 10% off sticker. Should I shoot for the same on the Jetta Wagon?

skylane182q

TDI
Jetta, 2003, white
Last time I was at Roseville VW (by Sacramento CA) they had three of them and one was white, dont know about leather though.

Brandon

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
No. Shoot for having them pay you to take it off their hands.

u4ea

Veteran Member
MoGolf,

Great help. I will hope the same type of smart A$$ (like you) comes your way when you need some help. Take it to another forum dope bag.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Perhaps you should negotiate for a sense of humor.

Always shoot for at least 10%. 15% would be excellent, but is harder to obtain.

DoubleReflex

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta,02&03, reflex silver (both autos)
Last time I was at Roseville VW (by Sacramento CA) they had three of them and one was white, dont know about leather though.

Brandon
Hey Skylane, They must have lied to me,when I bought my jetta sedan, I wanted a wagon and they told me they never get any tdi wagons, and furthermore told me that there were currently only 9 in northern California.

They also said that if they had any, they would charge a premium price.

skylane182q

TDI
Jetta, 2003, white
DoubleReflex,
That does not suprise me that they would do that, I have never had any luck with them. But their website still lists that they have two Jetta Wagon TDI's. Who knows with them though. It does help though if you go through their fleet manager, he gave me a price on a Jetta Sedan TDI of $200 over invoice, which is about $3,500 under what that wanted for it.

u4ea

Veteran Member
Wouldn't there be extra emissions on there since it is a California car? I am not sure if the TDI's have extra bs on there.

skylane182q

TDI
Jetta, 2003, white
I don't know what would be on it as far as emmisions go, there might not be because in California Diesels don't have to be smog checked like all other cars here. Maybe someone else has a better idea what might be on California TDI's.

DoubleReflex

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta,02&03, reflex silver (both autos)
In California, there is no smog check for deisel powered vehicles currently. There isn't any extra smog junk on the engine either. Its just that the dealerships in the Sacramento/Roseville area know that they have you over a barrel if you really want the car, so they charge a little more for them. They also dont seem to want to look for them either, thats been my experience, lately anyways.

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
An '05 MBZ E-320 CDI (W-211) replaced the '10 TDI JSW
Did you find your Jetta wagon yet?

Also, have you gotten up on the dealer locater and worked all the dealers in an ever expanding circle away from your area? The car you want is out there somewhere, it is simply a matter of finding it, and most dealers will not take the time or go to the trouble to try and locate one for you.

You must do it yourself!

I do know that the one that was in the Sacramento area had a 5-speed.

You want a fully loaded automatic White or Blue Wagon with leather, correct?
Are you flexible on any other colors?

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Much later, and after checking all listed dealers within 999 miles of Boise.

Looks like you're going to have to go with a different color combination if you want to get one now from dealer stock!

And it looks like the color will be Reflex Silver with Black Leather.

You could do worse. That is what we have, and it does grow on you.

u4ea

Veteran Member
Hello guys,

I found one Jetta Wagon. The problem is the tan interior. I would die with black leather here. Sun is hot and strong. In fact I got burned yesterday walking some lots.

I am encountering bad experiences while looking for this car.

1) Dealers have no clue as to the engine being changed in the TDI next year.

2) TOTAL laziness when it comes to looking for a car.

3) Really bad attitudes. They all act like they have the only TDI in the USA. Most want over sticker or sticker. Sorry, I just don't want it that bad. I can order an 04 if I want that.

There are lots of TDI's around. Mostly silver and black. But to tell you the truth I am pretty soured by this VW experience. It is uncanny that so many dealers have nasty attitudes, apathy and laziness. I wonder if they teach this at VW sales school? I have called 10 dealers. One was nice. That's a bad percentage.

Oh yeah the best was that one dealer told me they could not send or fax me a list of options on the car. I know dealers have these lists as I have seen them before. Then I told them to take a digital picture of it or take the sticker off the car, copy it and send me a copy. This particular dealer told me that they cannot take off the sticker because it would be too hard to get it back on. "Per management" the saleman said. Gimme a break! I have had stickers faxed to me at least 10 times.

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
My wife and are looking Jetta wagons tonight, do you want me take any digital pictures of Jetta wagon that you have in mind in MN? BTW we a looking for lighter color gls wagon with an automatic.

Ron

kensterling

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
Check the VW site for inventory and call. That is how I found my wagon. I had to go to Walnut Creek from San Diego to buy it, and you pay what they ask if you want the car. I did negotiate a little and paid $500 over. TDI Wagons are very hard to get in California. Try Dorito Bros. VW in Walnut Creek, CA. Good Luck, Ken

lilredjetdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2003, Tornado Red
If you are still looking for a TDI wagon, I can call around (actually, u could do it too
). If we find one, it will be another trip to TX though

I bought mine in March @$150 over invoice and with $400 mfg. to dealer incentive, I would assume dealers would be willing part with theirs for invoice as well. I had several dealers willing to sell at invoice but at that time, I was not ready

I have made friends with a few internet managers here so let me know. I could even call the POS dealer (actually the new sales guy there was very nice) from whom I bought the car from.

I would be surprised if there would not be quit a few TDI wagons here

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI

IF you want a Wagon that has exactly the options you desire, you must put forth the extra time and effort to find it.

What do you care about the "greeters" that you talk to? Your not out to win friends and influence people; You simply want to buy a Wagon exactly the way that you want it, correct?

The trouble that you're having at the present time is locating your Wagon, right?

Along those lines, only talk to the fleet people or manager. Salesman are not up high enough to be able to give you the best price, and are really only there simply to earn a commission, whereas most fleet people do not have that type of pressure.

Do not become discouraged by the rudeness or unwillingness of these people that are only looking for a quick commission. They're only in it for the money, and want to sell you something that they already have in stock. I call those types "order-takers." They are not true sales professionals!

BTW, do not shy away from a Black interior. They are not all that bad, especially if you put extra tint on the windows. I know, because I have one. When I got min e one year ago, I was looking for a Mojave Beige with matching interior. There was only one vehicle listed in the entire US at that time that had that color combination, and it was a GL sedan somewhere like Boseman, and not at all what I wanted.

I went through the inventories of every VW agency listed within 999 miles of Boise, and the Wagon you want simply is not available. So, I'll pick a different ZIP code, and see if there are any available further out.

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Funny thing, when you get away from CA, Wagons are all over the place.

In OH for instance, I found a dealer that had 15 Wagons listed, and 11 of them were TDIs!

Another funny thing . . Punch in the ZIP for Dallas (75201) within a 999 mile radius and NO dealers come up for anywhere in TX? What gives with that?

The Wagon you want is in Tucson AZ at Beaudry VW. Exactly what you're looking for BTW.

Candy White with Beige interior. $23,875

So it has to have all the right stuff, correct?

http://www.beaudryvw.com/

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Derrel

lilredjetdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Punch in the ZIP for Dallas (75201) within a 999 mile radius and NO dealers come up for anywhere in TX
This is too funny.
VWoA should correct their program. Try 75022 and you should find all the dealers that you want

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
VWoA should correct their program. Try 75022 and you should find all the dealers that you want

I just did it, and the closest dealer that turned up was 552 miles ESE of that Zip code!

Makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

Anyhow, his car has been located in AZ if he acts quickly enough, and someone else doesn't beat 'em to it.

The old ball is in his court now don't you know?

lilredjetdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Derrel,

I see the mistake that we are making. Don't put 999 miles. I think system can't think that big

Put 20 miles or even 100 miles and that should do the trick (for both 75201 and 75022). I just did it. The maximum it took was 600 miles radius and then increasing any more was getting me incorrect results.

Anyway, personally, I don't think this is anything more weird than VWoA itself

philh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Those zip codes don't resolve to Dallas - rather, sububrs (try putting them into maps.yahoo.com).

Try these codes: 75209 or 75247. They return a lot of dealers in the Dallas area. I put in 250 miles and they returned Houston even (which would be 77002 downtown).

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI

So what appears to be happening here is that the VW dealer locator is only recognizing certain ZIP codes?

One would think that it should work no matter what ZIP code is entered.

What I found interesting was that it would not give out close-by dealer locations in TX, but start with locations more than 500 miles away, completely ignoring the many dealers that are much closer!