Looking For a clean hood, and some help.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Anyone have a super duper, clean, minty fresh Golf hood? Uniblack would be perfect. :D
No rust, or bullet hole'd hoods apply.

And..... who has some time on the 15th, 16th, or 17th of July to give me a hand stripping apart my car?
I'm leading towards the 15th. ;)

Time to freshen up the daily.

Pete

Last edited:

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
I'm free Sat the 16th, what you need? (no parts)

Last edited:

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
remove: bumpers, lights, doorhandles, door window rubber, mirrors, wipers, antenna, wheels, hatch handle. Strip it down on the exterior, and send it for paint.

Easy peasy. Will go faster with extra hands. My garage has beer in the fridge, and the Italian bakery around the corner has wicked sandwiches.

Last edited:

Vw NewF

Veteran Member
TDI
Bagged And Big Turbo 04 PD, 04.:R32
remove: bumpers, lights, doorhandles, door window rubber, mirrors, wipers, antenna, wheels, hatch handle. Strip it down on the exterior, and send it for paint.

Easy peasy. Will go faster with extra hands. My garage has beer in the fridge, and the Italian bakery around the corner has wicked sandwiches.
Ill give you a hand pete, send me a pm and ill give you my number.. count me in:D

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS

RDA3440

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I'm sending my car in for full paint as well - I am looking for a CF OEM style hood and will be getting rid of my OE one... my car is silver just FYI.

If you know of anyone selling a mint CF version, I'm sure a deal can be worked out if you still need an OE hood.

LMK.

Marchmen

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
I might be available.

If your car will be at the same location as your Bus, I'll finish what I started and let everyone else work on the Golf.

velvetassassin96

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta Tdi - the HULK
where are you guys sending your cars in for paint? just curious. and what's the rates?

I am looking to custom paint my jetta - just saving up for the paint right now.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
I might be available.
If your car will be at the same location as your Bus, I'll finish what I started and let everyone else work on the Golf.
Actually it won't be in the same location. But, when are you available to finish the bus, and I finish your car?

Pete

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
I'm canceling tomorrow.

Body shop is swamped this week, and the guy that will work on my car is on a Florida vacation for a couple weeks after. I want a 1week turnaround.

Golf is booked to go in on Aug 15th. Car will get stripped down on the 13-14 weekend.

Pete

Vw NewF

Veteran Member
TDI
Bagged And Big Turbo 04 PD, 04.:R32
I'm canceling tomorrow.

Body shop is swamped this week, and the guy that will work on my car is on a Florida vacation for a couple weeks after. I want a 1week turnaround.

Golf is booked to go in on Aug 15th. Car will get stripped down on the 13-14 weekend.

Pete
Vagkraft weekend:(

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
have you tried this guy?
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...005-MK-IV-FRONT-HOOD-PANEL-W0QQAdIdZ281743681

Im also very interested in doing this. Take lots of pics and if you could, let me know roughly what its gonna cost ya.
Thanks for the link. I'll see if he sells hoods for a Golf and not just Jetta's.

Cost? If I strip it down I've been quoted 2200-3500. They do everything 4500-6000. Prices are from good quality shops. I wasn't on the hunt for the cheapest price.

ludikris

Veteran Member
TDI
Colorado diesel
just saw this now... sorry pete... pretty slammed with my own **** too. :p btw.. Lanner is a god send.. dude is exactly what I needed... and then some... WOW

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Told ya!

Lanner's coming by in the morning to help me rip into the '65 bus. Gotta get it narrowed and slammed up front, rear is getting a lowered independent suspension, trans swap, and a Porsche Boxster brake setup all around. 2-3 days and she should be looking good closer to the ground.