Looking for 10k+ Mile Used TDI Engine Oil

camerons17

TDI
Volkswagen 4-cylinder, 1.9L TDI diesel engine
Hello,

I am in search of used Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 motor oil, preferably with around 10k+ miles of use put on it using a VW TDI Engine. An owner who has done his/her own oil change would be ideal but not necessary. This oil will be used to test oil quality sensing technologies for university research purposes.

Please reach out if you have a sample of 3.5L or more; we are willing to compensate to an agreeable amount. My apologies if I've broken any site-wide rules with this post; I'm unfamiliar with this forum.

Edit: We also are looking for 10k mile used Ravenol HPS 5W-30 semi-synthetic. Please reach out if you have any information.

Last edited:

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
I’m not quite ready for an oil change, but will be in a month or so. I’m running a 2.0 TDI If that matters. (Without a dpf or egr) I’d be happy to save it for you.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Does it have to be T6? I'll have 5 quarts of Schaeffer's OTR Plus with 10k miles on it coming out in a few weeks...

_ian

TDI
'14 Touareg LUX, '14 JSW
Hello,

I am in search of used Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 motor oil, preferably with around 10k+ miles of use put on it using a VW TDI Engine. An owner who has done his/her own oil change would be ideal but not necessary. This oil will be used to test oil quality sensing technologies for university research purposes.

Please reach out if you have a sample of 3.5L or more; we are willing to compensate to an agreeable amount. My apologies if I've broken any site-wide rules with this post; I'm unfamiliar with this forum.

Edit: We also are looking for 10k mile used Ravenol HPS 5W-30 semi-synthetic. Please reach out if you have any information.
I use T6 in my '14 Touareg and '14 JSW. I'm happy to give you the used oil but it might be a while since I changed both recently.

camerons17

TDI
I use T6 in my '14 Touareg and '14 JSW. I'm happy to give you the used oil but it might be a while since I changed both recently.
That would be great! If you send me another message a couple weeks or so before you change the oil, I'll let you know if we are still needing oils. Thanks for you reply.

camerons17

TDI
I’ll have probably about 11qts (4 from PD 1.9 at 11k and 7+ from Cayenne TD 5k change on this one ) soon.
We would he happy to have both of these, separately. If you let me know when you do the oil change we can coordinate shipping/compensation. Thanks for your response!

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Ok, you've piqued my curiosity... What is the project?

camerons17

TDI
Given the results of the last university study done on TDI's, I'm wondering what they're up to, too.:unsure:
Hi,

We have developed a controlled oil testing facility in which we use an oil quality sensor (along with temperature, pressure, and flow rate measurements) to analyze the quality of different used or new oil samples. The goal is to use these oil quality measurements along with other flow parameters like viscosity, vibration, etc. to investigate new methods of real-time engine health monitoring.

The reason we are specifically looking for TDI-run oils is because we also have access to a TDI testbed engine that we use in tandem with the controlled facility to verify results.