lookin for boost logs, tuned and stock :)

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
so i've been doing quite a bit of tuning, on my own cars and for some friends/relatives, with good success i believe. i've seen and driven a number of cars tuned by others (including my own in the past), but i would like to see some more boost logs of other tuned (or stock even) cars to compare what i've been doing to some of the "big guys". if anyone has any boost logs they would share, post them up somewhere and/or send me a pm and i'll give you my email.

logs should be 011 only, and to be most useful, should include some normal driving, normal "spirited driving", and most importantly some "stress-testing" - pedal plants of various degrees at various rpm starting points, and keeping it there for a good 5-10 seconds and depending on gear, up maybe 1000rpm from the starting point. so example, plant pedal to about 40% at 1600 rpm in 3rd to 2500rpm, 40% pedal at 2000 rpm to 3000, 40% at 3000 to 4000. 80% at 1800rpm to 2800rpm, 80% at 2400rpm up to 3500rpm etc. as many combinations as you care to do. if you trust your tune, don't hesitate to give it WOT at 1800 rpm. :)

and of course note what engine and hardware upgrades you have.. :)

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Those are all wot. As you can see rail pressure in the one. I got a low pressure code on it.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
thanks, those are good to look at.... however, i'm looking for a bit more than just a couple WOTs. i was thinking more like a good 10-minute log (with car warmed up) that gives a better overall picture under more conditions. but any and all data is appreciated :)

so to clarify, i'm really looking for straight-up vcds logs that i can watch in vc-scope and also just look through more easily in excel than in tunezilla :)

also, no need to make a special ordeal out of it, just remember to bring vcds along on your commute to work, grocery store, wherever. ideally a drive that would lend itself to some playing around. my wife loves it when i log on our trips... :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
thanks, those are good to look at.... however, i'm looking for a bit more than just a couple WOTs. i was thinking more like a good 10-minute log (with car warmed up) that gives a better overall picture under more conditions. but any and all data is appreciated :)

so to clarify, i'm really looking for straight-up vcds logs that i can watch in vc-scope and also just look through more easily in excel than in tunezilla :)

also, no need to make a special ordeal out of it, just remember to bring vcds along on your commute to work, grocery store, wherever. ideally a drive that would lend itself to some playing around. my wife loves it when i log on our trips... :rolleyes: :D
I forget my tablet most times. Lol

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
Great thread! I wanna see others too.

I forgot I have some old logs! It will be fun to compare before and after because
I just did lots of work,

The car is
bew 5 speed mystery wagon. Egr delete, no CEL, bought the car this way.
The turbo feels new it has zero play car has always had good power.

recent work
I just did a stage 2 cam, the old cam was in bad shape.
It had good power but was very smoky on cold starts and would die sometimes!
Also, I was getting 32MPG in heavy traffic driving hard,
maybe normal cuz There is literally a million people outside my front door.

Anyway, I was told by Owen based on a log it probably has a stage 1.5 tune. ill find that email and add it here too buy it might be a repeat of the code ending in 4vXtyx

So, here is a log of that car had great power for what it is!

since then I had done new budget stage 2 cam from aaron K, new timing belt too.
deleted n18 and n239. Only 120 miles on this setup. I am getting limp mode on occasion for the n75. it clears easy bla here is the logs

jsut for fun this is what limp mode looks like after you delete n18 abnd 239 because of this I question if the car is tuned at all!
The code is for n75 you can clear the code easy. https://onedrive.live.com/edit.aspx...A31!2983&parId=9C71A70312D18A31!103&app=Excel

Last edited:

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
do you happen to have the original plain .csv files? i tried saving these as .csv files but vc-scope isn't liking it for some reason. tried to hack it to just get 011 but wasn't working. but just quickly scanning the file, it definitely is tuned maybe 18psi max request. but oh my... you've got some serious boost issues with that...! 😯 crazy overboost, possible leaks, maybe actuator adjustment? it's all over the place... need to watch it on vc-scope tho, my brain is too fried to look at log files at the moment

krook

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 B5 AWX, A4 B5 AFN
I have some logs because I can't figure out how to fix my overboost problem, maybe you can spot something in these? These are all plain CSV files I logged with VAGCOM 409.1. The car is a bone stock A4 B5 AFN except for EGR delete and MAF delete.

krook

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 B5 AWX, A4 B5 AFN
Here's a more recent one. Still overboosting, still don't know why. I played with the IQ, this time it's set to 3.8-4.0 mg/str. This log contains some city driving, then some highway, then some city again. As you can see on the highway doing around 150km/h the requested boost is just around .5 bars, but the car's doing .7 bar and the N75 percent is at it's max, 94.4%. Very strange!!

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
well, not exactly the kind of logs i was looking for, but i did ask... :) you have some serious hardware issues.. i would say n75 is shot and/or the vanes/actuator on the turbo are very sticky... you're going to have to go over some of the basics to fix what's going on there.. oh my :) and then of course while you're at it, ensure no boost or vac leaks and vane actuator is in fact getting correct vacuum at idle

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
Great thread! I wanna see others too.

I forgot I have some old logs! It will be fun to compare before and after because
I just did lots of work,

The car is
bew 5 speed mystery wagon. Egr delete, no CEL, bought the car this way.
The turbo feels new it has zero play car has always had good power.

recent work
I just did a stage 2 cam, the old cam was in bad shape.
It had good power but was very smoky on cold starts and would die sometimes!
Also, I was getting 32MPG in heavy traffic driving hard,
maybe normal cuz There is literally a million people outside my front door.

Anyway, I was told by Owen based on a log it probably has a stage 1.5 tune. ill find that email and add it here too buy it might be a repeat of the code ending in 4vXtyx

So, here is a log of that car had great power for what it is!

since then I had done new budget stage 2 cam from aaron K, new timing belt too.
deleted n18 and n239. Only 120 miles on this setup. I am getting limp mode on occasion for the n75. it clears easy bla here is the logs

jsut for fun this is what limp mode looks like after you delete n18 abnd 239 because of this I question if the car is tuned at all!
The code is for n75 you can clear the code easy. https://onedrive.live.com/edit.aspx...A31!2983&parId=9C71A70312D18A31!103&app=Excel
You have still a bad Tuning.
@2200rpm a duration higher than 28 degree. That absurd for a BEW

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
Anything that is a TDI really but more so VE or PD engines... Ideally not logs with seriously messed up hardware issues. Stock or tuned cars with either minor issues you feel it has, or no issues at all and think it's runs flawlessly 🙂 so I can hone my diagnosing skills, as well as see how other tuned cars boost control compared to stock and my own tuning

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
Yeah, I mean the only CR I would be interested in right now is a 4cyl. A few of those would be interesting to look at but not terribly useful to me, as doing anything with CR engines is quite a ways off..

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
You have still a bad Tuning.
@2200rpm a duration higher than 28 degree. That absurd for a BEW
what do you mean a duration higher than 28 degree? what in the tune causes that ? could it be hardware? the cam is suppose to be a stage 2 cam, the pumps concern me as there was an issue with one. I think I sorted that out.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Some reason I can't do the logs the simple way. I can't save as an excel. If someone can walk me through how to do this. I'll gladly post logs. I'm not sure how many ppl have a 2260 on a cr.

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
what do you mean a duration higher than 28 degree? what in the tune causes that ? could it be hardware? the cam is suppose to be a stage 2 cam, the pumps concern me as there was an issue with one. I think I sorted that out.
In your 004-011-003 log line 227, at 2268rpm you can see a start of delivery of 14.6° and a delivery duration of 28.6°. That's the equivalent of 77mg injected quantity and would correspond to 430Nm of torque.
Your N75 pre-control map is probably not extended to 77 mg and the result is that there is always a massive overshoot.
In addition, you only have 1100mg air mass at the time, with 2360hpa boost pressure. Your Jetta is an absolute steam engine.

Last edited:

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
I thnk My logs save as excel file types automatically. I hate excel actually since it quit working without being online! GRRR I just wana be able to read logs in the middle of know where.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Some reason I can't do the logs the simple way. I can't save as an excel. If someone can walk me through how to do this. I'll gladly post logs. I'm not sure how many ppl have a 2260 on a cr.
@burpod clearly stated that he's not interested in CR stuff above, but if you really want to figure it out, we can go down that path.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
@burpod clearly stated that he's not interested in CR stuff above, but if you really want to figure it out, we can go down that path.
Yeah, I mean the only CR I would be interested in right now is a 4cyl. A few of those would be interesting to look at but not terribly useful to me, as doing anything with CR engines is quite a ways off..
While not useful, he's still interested. So before you treat me like I'm an idiot (which most cases I can be, I have high functioning autism) please stop being so dickish in your posts. Not everyone knows everything

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
its ok :) i wouldn't mind a few CR boost logs.. seeing as i'm not getting all that many logss, things should be similar enough for my needs... was just trying to get more apples-apples comparisons, but...

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
This is not Facebook, it’s not vortex, can we keep it to the ****ing topic!

If you wanna act like kids go join the kid forms. Let’s keep this place focused of what matters, Our cars!

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
In your 004-011-003 log line 227, at 2268rpm you can see a start of delivery of 14.6° and a delivery duration of 28.6°. That's the equivalent of 77mg injected quantity and would correspond to 430Nm of torque.
Your N75 pre-control map is probably not extended to 77 mg and the result is that there is always a massive overshoot.
In addition, you only have 1100mg air mass at the time, with 2360hpa boost pressure. Your Jetta is an absolute steam engine.
Have you ever actually tuned a USA spec pd100?

The injectors are quite small compared to AL code pd150 injectors.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Selfishly posting another CR, ignore if not interested ;)
These are not finalized tunes by any means as well, but feels like we're stuck on what's going on.
Trying to diagnose underboost with my 2365vklr on CUAA motor (still on stock CRUA injectors that max around 78mg/st by 2800rpm).
Did a smoke test to rule out any boost leaks..only two silicone elbows and 4 clamps between the compressor outlet and charge cooler inlet.
Boost log appears like a boost leak though, or something else? Turbo and motor both have 1300 miles on them now, and otherwise car feels great and returns good fuel economy when I choose.

First log is a 3rd gear pull then a 4th gear pull- boost comes on as expected for this large of a turbo, then dies off and continues to dwindle all the way up to hitting the EGT limiter (the dips around 4200rpm). Also, the dip in initial spool is I believe something done intentionally to see how the turbo responds.

Second log is a 4th gear pull then a 3rd gear pull on the same tune as above, but lengthened actuator rod two full turns - boost comes on as expected and then dies off, but stays flat all the way to the EGT limiter now. This one has EGT on it as well, nice and low when the boost is there.
Do I need more fuel, or more actuator adjustment, or something else look off? I have 150% over injectors coming from S&S Diesel hopefully this week or next.

Last edited:

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
@adjat84th he's asking for CSVs. ;)
I'm looking at your graphs, but there's not enough data on them. What's your lambda like? What are your injectors doing?
There's a massive gap between what your tune is requesting\expecting in terms of boost and the actual. Is your tune supposed to be match to that snail or is it some other starting off point? Do you roll coal or what?

If I had to guess based on what I'm seeing, I'd say your over-fueling like crazy.... the only spot where your requested and actual start to play along is when your injectors max out based on your 2800rpm mention above. Your EGTs also lead me to believe that you're way too fat.