Look At This TDI It's Made Of Gold.

Got diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time.

I spoke to the service manager, the has sat for a very long time, they are NOT going to service the car, not even an oil change or anything! I informed them it will need a few things, pump seals, timing belt coolant flush, brake flush, tires, and other odds and ends, Jimmy Williams the sales manager told me to F off and he was getting many hits on the car and it's being sold as is... I wish I could have been in front of this prick as I would have so put him in his place.

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
For the miles the price isn't bad - if they don't want to service it who cares.

What bothers me is that a dealer is selling a car that needs it's timing belt done and not bothering to mention the ticking time bomb. If I was to buy it I would be afraid to even start the thing considering the age of the timing belt in components.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Ad mentions
Only 10,705 Miles! This Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe delivers a Diesel I4 1.9L/116 engine powering it's polished transmission
... I would like to know more about this polished transmission they mention...

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Millage is irrelevant for a diesel, unless the owner(s) are pigs and trash the interior. Engine is actually happier if exercised daily, which this one clearly hasn't

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
If that car was really nice, stored properly, it would be a decent buy at that price. Certainly better than anything else you could buy today, and who cares if it needs some TLC? I'd rather be the first one in there anyway.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
Well i saw, i touched, i drove it. It does indeed have 10,710 miles on the clock. No CEL. Engine runs perfect, trans feels tight like it has little usage. Performance is that of a typical stock tuned ALH. The “polished transmission” is simply an 02J Manual. Brakes feel great, but suspension is in need of replacement although it drove well. No service history so assume TB is original. Tires are perelli made in 2016. Engine compartment is dusty but everything appears intact. Interior is in new condition except that the drive door handle is cracked and the right front speaker panel is messed up like something too heavy was put on top of it. It has that fancy center console and black cloth premium seats. Also has monsoon cassette.
They are rather proud of that car at 10,995. I told them no way. Rust, TB, headlights, interior door repair, suspension and who knows what else, there is no way for that money.

And now for the ugly. As one can see, the passenger side looks nice. The ugly is the driver side. Apparently this car spent its days in the hot arizona sun (a little ole lady who went blind had it and her daughter disposed of the car…yeah).

That rust runs from front windshield to back hatch. Its bad. A deal breaker for me.

There was something they had for sale i have never seen before was a 2017 TDI pickup from Mexico. No idea the price.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yeah, it for sure wasn't stored nice in a garage. Still a decent car to start with, but looks like it needs some work. Shame about the paint. Always nice when the original paint is intact and nice. You can always fix the mechanicals, but the cosmetics are more involved.

You'd think they would have tried to clean the car up better for that kind of money.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
I know low-mileage cars gather attention and bring higher sale prices, but I always just picture a car sitting for 20 years.

Was the Amarok actually for sale, or just on display?

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
The Amorak was actually for sale.

On the bug, that rust really bothered me. The paint is one thing, but rust…looked deep. I would have actually been a serious contenter if it wasn’t for that at that price.

Last edited:

Boertjejr

TDI
2003 VW Beetle TDI & 2001 VW Beetle TDI
Was the Amarok actually for sale, or just on display?
The Amarok was for sale. We didn’t ask for the price. They claimed it could not be registered for street use and was relegated to off road only. I’m sure there are ways around that though. It was probably a stripped down model. Had crank windows and a 6 speed manual. Would probably be a blast to drive. It’s a shame we didn’t get things like that in the states.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
The Amarok was for sale. We didn’t ask for the price. They claimed it could not be registered for street use and was relegated to off road only. I’m sure there are ways around that though. It was probably a stripped down model. Had crank windows and a 6 speed manual. Would probably be a blast to drive. It’s a shame we didn’t get things like that in the states.
They did say one could test drive it.