London GTG pics. (56K. grab a beer, pretzels, etc)

dropFROG

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf 2001
On the way home from the GTG I got P0Wn3D by a !%@@#^ truck tire on the road. Busted up lip, broke clips, farked inner wheel well liner.. and BUSTED BORA PAINTED SPENT GOOD MONEY ON THE DAMN THINGS VENTS... A highway is not a place to remove a tire people, we got perfectly good shops for that.. ASSHATS...

Some pictures from London.. Scuze me while I hit the scotch and see what I can expoxy, ductape and zip tie togther...

Might hook this up come spring..

I got soooo owned!

codeblue

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Vento GLX TDI
that totally sucks Paul... which way did you take? 401 all the way or branch off the 403? I saw tons of tire shreds and crap all over the 401 before taking the 403, it was nuts but a full size tire? dayyum! well if it makes you feel any better im bringing my big ass buffer to the tuesday meet, maybe it'll "buff right out" i dunno... well i tried

anyway those shots are total money bro, I've always wanted a rolling shot of my car and that pic is crazy nice.

do you have any high res of some of those pics?

good luck man

VWScully

Veteran Member
TDI
looking for one :/
Oh man, that sucks!! And to think I was loving your car all day at the GTG! Anyway, hope you can patch it all up; at least all I did was back into my house this morning and am going to attempt a ghetto Bondo fix that might do the trick

Anyway, aside from errant tires, I had a great time at my first TDI GTG today! Hope we can do it again sometime. The venue was awesome too.
See you guys!

tdi_guy

TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta TDI Sport Edition
Nice pics Paul! Sorry to hear about the tire thing.
Hope you get everything sorted out and back together for the next GTG.

I notice the Hummer didn't make it into the set of photos

dropFROG

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf 2001
Thanks guys.. all pics are highres if you need one.. bah.. most of the black buffed out.. screws holding on the lower lip... feel like I own a mkII.. oh wait.. I own two... pass the beer and the zip ties mom

BIG THUMBS UP to .JE who pulled over even though he wasn't part of the convoy to offer an assist as we discussed the finer points of tire avoidance..!

Tazzman

Veteran Member
man oh man

suck's big time pal

glad yu didnt get hurt though,,

car made it through as well, well, as best as it could

be expected.

This is the stuff you dont want to hear about .

Heal your wounds and get purdy up real soon eh? ( car that is )

we'll need you for the GTG pal

Tazz

ps nice pic's

TDIMan03

TDI
2003 Jetta Platnum Grey
Thanks for the great time guys, learned quite a bit, thanks again Tazz for the boost!!!!, Had a hard time keeping it under 150 on the drive home
Hope to see you all at the next GTG.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
My poor excuse for a camera. But it gets the point accross in the how-to's at least:

Hey Paul, sorry to hear about your encounter. Glad you were ok. If you need help fixing anything, give me a shout. I'm real good with a hammer

Gord

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 2001, yellow
Awesome GTG again folks! Totally makes the drive from Ottawa worth it! Big thanks to the hosts, monster tasty BBQ, beautiful location, great company.

Paul, glad to hear you made it home ok and nothing else fell off. Those pics are the shizzy, especailly the ones in motion.

The "gator" dropfrog hit was a BIG one
. I would estimate at least 8' long and a foot high. I was about 5 cars back when I saw brake lights and some big black object flying through the air. Just enough time to hit the hazards, grab some brakes to open some room and then slalom around it. The person behind didn't make it, and the one behind that nearly nosed into the center median. I just got past it to see one of our off to the side.

Vik, thanks for the "display"... a 170hp 1.8t is just enough to keep up with you and the other hot-rod TDI's. But no more.

Oh, and I think I have a better idea why your tires are worn: *SLOW DOWN*!!! I had to peddle really hard to keep up and the tires weren't happy. Ended up burning 30 L of fuel for the day too
Gassers suck.

Nigel, you never cease to amaze me. You can fix anything!

Anyways, great GTG again. Good to meet so many new people along with the rest of the TDI faithful. Hopefully next time I'll have my Bug with me.

Take care all,

-Gord

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
np Gord...figured u'd like the powerslide / drift onto the on ramp...i think that corner was dirty or maybe it the fact it was taken in 3rd gear at 3000+ rpms...gotta love tires that will allow some slide but grip still...rear sway helps too