Local shop needs some help.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
My neighbor's shop seen at the bottom of my thread could use a winter pick-me-up.

Clint of Mad City Rovers is really in tight times due to being new to the game as a shop owner and a lot of Rover customers that can't afford to fix them....yes, sad but true people get over their heads. Even at heavily discounted repair rates.

He knows Mercedes, BMW, Jeep, Jaguar as well. He can do American trucks and cars as well. Basically all around work. (works on my Yukon for me!)

Justin his new partner is a master Toyota Volvo tech. He also knows Jag from his days with Fields Dealer group. He is a VR6 owner and knows VW/Audi gas stuff real well also.

If you have some work needed on really anything he is willing to talk about some discounted work just to get the schedule full. See my sig for his web page and number or contact me directly.

Lets help a great indy shop stay afloat.

Thanks for reading. :D

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
That's nice of you to give them a bump.

A friend works for East Coast Rover and they have a 5-6 year backlog on work, but they do mostly high end modifications and not just stock work. Have they thought about changing their focus to doing more? It seems a lot of people are willing to pay more for having the extras installed, and it's a different class of group they cater to (Jason Statham even called for a custom built Rover).

I have seen them dump $200,000 to $300,000 into a customer's car, and one guy called from Colorado to have someone fly out and service his. They've narrowed them for people on Nantucket (small roads), installed all stainless or galvanized components for those people near the ocean, and even have some coming from England for work.

I know it's a big change in focus, but the demand seems to be there.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I've seen the East Coast Rover shop on line. Impressive.

I know he'd love to do that but the funding is the major issue. There are a few of the Chicago club guys that come up when they go north to the "pipeline" and he's got a few D90 and 110's as well. Clint had about 8 years in the dealer and is master certified and really knows Rover. He made sure to take advantage of all the advanced schooling they offered. Plus at $70 an hour VS $110 plus.....And he's like me, he'll charge a flat rate on a lot of stuff that is a better deal for the client.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
ECR does some impressive work, no question, but you'd be amazed at how little they have for equipment. It is a definite shift in focus, and ECR was not without some early funding issues. Some big $$$ backers helped save the business in its infancy.

From what I have seen, word of mouth and simple advertising are the way to go, but it'll take time.

I wish the shop well and hate to see anyone worth their salt and trying to make it go out of business.