Little Pittsburgh Clan

Deadrock

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Hi! I'm out in Penn Twp and I just bought my first tdi to use as a daily driver. It's a 2010 jetta with 60k miles. I've only had it for 3 days, but so far I'm loving it! Anyhow, just thought id check in with yinz guys. I'm sure I'll be hitting you guys up with some questions down the road...

lonhr2

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI, Stage I Revo
Movin' in to the Pittsburgh area

Any TDi's near the Morgan at North Shore apartments? I'll be moving in next weekend. I just got a job with Westinghouse in cranberry township.

Last edited:

solid19snake

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6MT (sold)
Any TDi's near the Morgan at North Shore apartments? I'll be moving in next weekend. I just got a job with Westinghouse in cranberry township.
Won't be in the north Shore area much, but I just started a new job in Cranberry Woods near Westinghouse too. Look for the Black 2012 Jetta with yellow in the VW badges.

85Porsche

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI
Need a little help please

Hi guys-My 04 pd jetta is having issues. Im losing power at higher rpms. All seems fine until around 3500 rpm then there seems to be little power after that. Im no expert on these cars, but ive taken it to F&P automotive in Youngwood and to Hillcrest VW in New Ken, but there are no codes stored. Had the fuel filter replaced and it helped, but car is still not normal. Ive lost about 4-5 mpg and the car will occaisionally miss under load. Ive checked the lift pump and it is making noise when the key is turned on, so i presume it is operating ok. Without a cel there is little to go on. Any suggestions or other places you would recommend?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Moosenuckle

Veteran Member
TDI
03 tdi ,Mk2 aba swap w/charger; 97 Dodge cummins 5spd
Hi guys-My 04 pd jetta is having issues. Im losing power at higher rpms. All seems fine until around 3500 rpm then there seems to be little power after that. Im no expert on these cars, but ive taken it to F&P automotive in Youngwood and to Hillcrest VW in New Ken, but there are no codes stored. Had the fuel filter replaced and it helped, but car is still not normal. Ive lost about 4-5 mpg and the car will occaisionally miss under load. Ive checked the lift pump and it is making noise when the key is turned on, so i presume it is operating ok. Without a cel there is little to go on. Any suggestions or other places you would recommend?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Maybe one of ur nozzles are not clean. Maybe run a bottle of Liqui Moly Diesel Purge (500mL) I pretty much had the same problem with mine couldn't figure it out. By it worked after I used diesel purge. Give it a try its only $8 a bottle.

Last edited:

kirmet

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Galactic Blue
Do the intakes plug on these like the ALH engines?
Our BEW has a miss or stumble under certain loads too.

85Porsche

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI
Mooseknuckle - i have run 3 bottles of stanadyne through with no difference. Thinking it might be water in the fuel, i put some PS 911 in, but again no help. I will give the diesel purge a try. Where did you find it?

Kirmet- no, i dont believe the bew engines intake plugs up like the alh.

Moosenuckle

Veteran Member
TDI
Mooseknuckle - i have run 3 bottles of stanadyne through with no difference. Thinking it might be water in the fuel, i put some PS 911 in, but again no help. I will give the diesel purge a try. Where did you find it?

Kirmet- no, i dont believe the bew engines intake plugs up like the alh.
http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_176&products_id=448

This is where I got it. I bet it will work. Any ways saw a mk4 Charcoal gray Jetta with rack and badgeless grill in saver anyone on here.

85Porsche

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI
Thanks Moose! Ordered it yesterday and will run out this week to get the tubing. I'll post again when the process is complete.

BTW, I'm not too far from you....Delmont.

Moosenuckle

Veteran Member
TDI
That sounds like a guy that works with my husband, he lives in the area. I live out in the country between Vandergrift and Ford City.
Where spring church? I Got a few friends that live out there.

Anybody know if mk4 2.0/tdi pass axle are the same?

Also does anyone need any winter tires got some good deals for you ppl that would interested.

123sueka

TDI
1989 jetta brown and rusty, 96 passat blue, 2004 jetta gray 2011 sportwagon
Hey yinz! Any one near the east end with a vag-com I could plug in? I'm near the sharp edge and would happily buy you a beer, or throw you some cash, if you'd prefer. I can also travel.

Thanks

Wendy

lonhr2

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI, Stage I Revo
Hey everyone. I'm new to the area and looking for some advice. I recently swapped out my rear brake pads. When I did, I noticed the Bentley manuals says to flush the brake fluid every 2 years. Anyone else abide by this? If so, does any have a reliable mechanic shop? I don't have a garage or I would do it my self. Thanks

Bortz

TDI
2005 Golf TDi
Hey Pittsburgh clan! I am in need of a 33 spline and m10 triple square for removal of alternator pulley.

Hope somebody has the hookup. Have beer, will travel haha

TDI 2020

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Hi Pittsburgh - I'm in Harmarville - Cheswick - Springdale area - & looking for a fuel injection pump - rebuilt or whatever. 2001 Jetta TDI 230,000 miles - so not really excited to buy a $1000 part + labor. Any ideas? I don't mind getting one from somebody around the country but thought I would throw this out here locally first. The car has been grounded since March at the service shop - they haven't had any luck finding one - so it is my turn...... Hope to hear from someone! Thanks - Michael

takiman

TDI
Jetta
Hey everyone. I'm new to the area and looking for some advice. I recently swapped out my rear brake pads. When I did, I noticed the Bentley manuals says to flush the brake fluid every 2 years. Anyone else abide by this? If so, does any have a reliable mechanic shop? I don't have a garage or I would do it my self. Thanks
Yes - it would be good to flush fluid every so often - everyone has an opinion on how often. I do mine strictly every 2 years along with a clean and lube of the brake system to ensure proper corrosion free operation. I do not know of any local shops that are reliable but feel free to PM me and we can set up a weekend to use my garage, if you haven't already performed the service.

Hey Pittsburgh clan! I am in need of a 33 spline and m10 triple square for removal of alternator pulley.

Hope somebody has the hookup. Have beer, will travel haha
PM me and I will lend you my tool set.

takiman

TDI
Jetta
I just saw that you work up north and live downtown. I walk the North Shore trail every day since I work nearby but live where you work. We probably head opposite directions on 279 every day.

TDI 2020

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Anyone around the area have experience with the fuel injection pump? I would appreciate any help/insight! Thanks - Michael - 614-519-5605 Cheswick

solid19snake

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6MT (sold)
anyone in the area interested in some free power service diesel kleen - white bottle? my commute is changing so i'll no longer be driving highway miles so i traded in my 2012 jetta tdi for a 2015 GTI and have about 3/4 of an 80oz. bottle of PSDK left. i also have 1 full bottle of the castrol professional LL03 5W30 oil plus several other partially full bottles from my service every 10k miles you could have. i live in robinson and work in cranberry, so PM me and let me know if you can get to either area and i'll meet you somewhere.

DavidMTroyer

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta
Anyone have experience cleaning glow plug threads and seat? I could use some help.

I pulled two dead glow plugs this afternoon only to find such bad carbon build up that there's no way I can get the new ones in there with a good seal.

db Louder

TDI
Jetta SportWagen 2010
New to the Burgh

I'm looking for a non-dealer mechanic to do a timing belt replacement. Any suggestions for me?

Thanks,

db