Little heat in 2014 Sportwagen TDi

Marsball

TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDi 2.0
My Sportwagen with 172K suddenly quit giving high heat, just bareley enough to warm in 40-50F degree temps. A/C works fine in 80+F temps. Cabin filter recently changed. Check engine light came on which gave code "Heater core needs replaced". Is there an alternative fix? Full coolant flush scheduled for next week. Hoping that helps get me thru the winter.

CanadianALH

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd 2006 Jetta DSG (wifes)
My Sportwagen with 172K suddenly quit giving high heat, just bareley enough to warm in 40-50F degree temps. A/C works fine in 80+F temps. Cabin filter recently changed. Check engine light came on which gave code "Heater core needs replaced". Is there an alternative fix? Full coolant flush scheduled for next week. Hoping that helps get me thru the winter.
Common issue. Replace the heater core. It sucks but needs to be done. Plus you can lose your coolant onto the passenger floor and then you run the risk of over heating.

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Common issue. Replace the heater core. It sucks but needs to be done. Plus you can lose your coolant onto the passenger floor and then you run the risk of over heating.
I had heard about this on the Passat. Is this also common on the jsw?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
JSW rarely have heater core issue. mostly the nightmares are on the CKRA's! (2012-2014 Passats) the CVCA has that issue but not too bad as I have one CVCA which is 2015 Passat. I run for my dear life if I hear a friend ask me for help with their CKRA. (imo)