17964- charge pressure control
1556 -35-10 negative deviation intermittent
Any idea ????
Thanks

Scubanero

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Most common and easiest to fix is a leak in the charge air circuit (turbo outlet to anti-shudder valve). Next most common is a leak in the vacuum signal that goes to the turbo vane actuator. Mine is a BHW, so a little different from yours, so I can't tell you where all to look.

Saliml2

TDI
Vw Passat 1.9 tdi b5
Most common and easiest to fix is a leak in the charge air circuit (turbo outlet to anti-shudder valve). Next most common is a leak in the vacuum signal that goes to the turbo vane actuator. Mine is a BHW, so a little different from yours, so I can't tell you where all to look.
Hi
and thanks for your help I’ve checked all the pipes for any leaks I haven’t found any all seems to be fine

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Hi
and thanks for your help I’ve checked all the pipes for any leaks I haven’t found any all seems to be fine
I'd check and see if you have good vacuum. Should be 28in/hg (not sure the metric equivalent and I'm too lazy to Google that right now 😂)

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
boost leaks can be hard to find. You'll usually hear a wooshing. Look at the rubber hoses closely. You'll see a bit of oil around leaks

Scubanero

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Twice now I have had to set up a static pressure test to find a leak. Seal the charge air circuit at one end (I do this at the turbo outlet) and connect a regulated compressed air source to the other end. Set the regulator to 10-15 psi. I fabricated an adapter to fit in the L hose at the manifold end. I had to use my hands to find the leak because it was so quiet.