Lighting around certain buttons don’t turn on while light switch is on

TDeleani

TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI
My 2013 Jetta sedan TDI’s lighting around the radio buttons do not turn on whenever I turn on my head lamps. The lighting around the A/C, seat warmers, steering wheel, dash etc still work, however
-the volume wheel power button logo
-FM, AM, Media, etc buttons
-disc eject buttons
-the light switch itself
-also my lock/unlock, and window control

—> buttons do not turn on. I was wondering if y/all think it’s simply the fuses? I couldn’t find the fuse location for these after 30 minutes of looking, and was wondering if someone knows the fuse locs for them before I end up changing all the fuses lol

if it’s not the fuse, what do y’all think it could be? Help would be appreciated!

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The dimmer is seperate from the light switch. If you roll the dimmer wheel does the brightness of any of the lights change?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
It's all canbus. If steering controls work I'd suspect a bad radio. I'd have to find and look at a wiring diag to be certain. Not sure if the radio has a "lighting" wire. Because the radio is turned on by canbus.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The radio doesn't have a lighting wire. But in a 2013 Jetta there is still a dimmer rheostat, which sends a voltage to the body control module and might also power some bulbs directly.

-J

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
The radio doesn't have a lighting wire. But in a 2013 Jetta there is still a dimmer rheostat, which sends a voltage to the body control module and might also power some bulbs directly.

-J
Then the CCM would send a signal. Being it's just the radio, and it still turns on. It's prob the radio itself

TDeleani

TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI

-J
Now that I think about it, the dimmer doesn’t work. I thought it was that too. Would I have to change the entire module or is there simply a fuse or something I can change? Sorry, not extremely knowledgeable on wiring and all that, but I can work my way around YouTube tutorials.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
If you unplug the light switch, the lights will all default on. The dimmer wouldn't makes lights not work. Just be fill bright or full dim

TDeleani

TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI
Also another quick little question. The lights that shine above my rear license plate also don’t work. I swapped the bulbs thinking it would be the end of it but didn’t work. Anyone know the fuse loc for it?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well there might be an illumination wire that's going to the back of your radio. I'm not sure because I can't find a wiring schematic. Is there is an illumination wire and there's no power to the radio you'd have to backtrack the wire to the CCM