Lighting and Fuel for 2012 Passat?

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the high beams UPWARD on the 2012 Passat? I keep asking the dealer about it and they just keep telling me that the adjustment is "correct" from the factory. That may be but it does me no good b/c I still can't see much more than I can with the low beams. Any help for this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm finding that the fuel gauge on the 2012 Passat TDI is GROSSLY inaccurate. I did a fill up two days ago and at 118mi I'm already down to a quarter tank. Obviously, this isn't correct, not to mention the gauge will never read completely full. Has anyone heard anything of a recall in regards to that fuel gauge yet?

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
I noticed the low beams seem low on my Passat, the high beams must be low too, but it doesn't seem to bother me like the low beams. Regarding the fuel tank/gauge.... I don't think the gauge is wrong, it's just that you can't fill it all the way up, mine will not fill up either, I can get it pretty close if I screw around at the pump for an extra minute. I have read that VW is working on a fix, I have to wonder how in the heck a new car design gets off of the assembly line without being able to fill the tank up all the way up, really unbelievable that a company like VW could allow that to happen. A little frustrating, but I can still get around 800 miles from what fuel I am getting in there. Let me say that these are the only things I have found on this car that are not as they should be, and really they are not that big of a deal, other than that this car is surpassing my expectations.

JazzBeBop

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE manual
Same here about the gas filling short of full, but I haven't even noticed the light issue. I do mostly city driving and the highway driving is usually rush hour traffic ridden so I've seen about 500 miles per tank. You guys must do a lot of clear highway driving.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
I drive on some back country roads(dark) to get to the highway before daylight, that is where I noticed the low beams seem to be aimed a little low.

pb88

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
I haven't noticed the angle of the headlight beams being an issue - but I rarely drive when it's completely dark. That will change soon as Winter is coming though.

Three times now I have filled the tank to the point that fuel was coming out over the top and the gauge would ever read at most 1/2 a tick mark short of full, never quite full. So you can clearly fill up the tank, there's just a gauge issue.

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Ok, so I've acccepted that the 2012 Passat has a fuel gauge issue but one that's REALLY annoying me at this point is the high beam adjustment. It turns out that you guys don't realize there is an issue b/c your state may not regulate what your beam must be set at. I just came from the dealer and they told me that it's possible to adjust it but "legally" they just can't make the adjustment b/c of applicable state laws.

So...does anyone know what resource I would use to find how to make the beam adjustment myself?