Lifted Beetle

BorisBug99

TDI
99 beetle

Over the weekend I put a stage III “highlife” lift kit on my beetle I think it went pretty well. I also put new tires on Falken Wildpeak AT trail 205/70-16
New brakes and rotors since I was already in there doing the work. What do you think? The people at highlife really easy to work with and I would recommend them. Thanks

Last edited:

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Looks good. :)
How much did it raise the car?

I went to look at the NB when they first his the dealers.
When I got in the car it felt like I fell into it with the seat being much lower and harder then what I remembered from the original ones.

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
You can't go wrong with a lift-kit on a MK-4 / NB .
The moment you rip off an oil pan you'll understand why.
I lifted my Golf many years ago.... Never a moment of "regert".

BorisBug99

TDI
99 beetle
Looks good. :)
How much did it raise the car?

I went to look at the NB when they first his the dealers.
When I got in the car it felt like I fell into it with the seat being much lower and harder then what I remembered from the original ones.
I would say a good 3 inches plus tires so maybe 4? Thanks

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
look's nice! good job. I did a home made 2" lift a couple years back on oversized tires and love it!!

06tdibug

TDI
2006 tdi beetle

Over the weekend I put a stage III “highlife” lift kit on my beetle I think it went pretty well. I also put new tires on Falken Wildpeak AT trail 205/70-16
New brakes and rotors since I was already in there doing the work. What do you think? The people at highlife really easy to work with and I would recommend them. Thanks
How much did that kit run?

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
Go to ebay and see. Not cheap.
I dunno, It doesnt seem that bad actually.

I went with brand new Jeep front and rear springs, Bilstein HD Struts and Monroe Air shocks(then add Panzer cost) and I bet i am near $1000--- This, Stage 3 Highlife Kit is basically all of that above, for just shy of $1000(before tax and shipping)
I think it isnt bad, but its all relative to what you are into.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
That car looks nice. When I replaced my totaled '99.5 Jetta with an '03 NB, first thing I noticed was it was a bit higher (very little). Would be nice to raise it an inch or 2, but the car isn't all that nice. Since I seem to be hooked on TDIs, I'm still looking for a late model NB in a nice pastel color. IMO the NB and the wagon are the best platforms.

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
I’ve got 447,xxx on one axle the other I changed because the boot ripped at around 350,xxx.
I did the manual swap from an auto and am running my auto axles , changed to 108 MM flanges.
I did my lift when I did my manual swap at about 121,xxx miles

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I’ve got over 40k on a 2” lift. Still handles and drives as well as ever

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Homemade, about $6 for material, not including price of struts and shocks. One friend did the lathe work, another installed 2” strut spacers on a benchtop compressor. I did installation, rear shock extension mounts, and initial alignment. Also did 5 spd conversion at same time and used the automatic front springs