LF: Audi A4 B6 wagon

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Just thought I'd post here to see if anybody has a lead on a car for me

I'm looking for an:

'02-'05 Audi A4 B6 wagon, quattro, manual trans. Preferably 1.8T, but V6 will do as well. Needs to be a pretty clean body, preferably blown motor or other major mechanical issue, the drivetrain will be coming out of it. NOT red, lol.

Thx guys.

dieselsipper

Veteran Member
I've been trolling kijiji for an allroad in that age range, not serious about buying yet, but I was surprised to see reasonable prices and bodies in good shape. There are also plenty of standard wagons too. Don't give up, just keep on looking.

BuzzKen

TDI
I've been trolling kijiji for an allroad in that age range, not serious about buying yet, but I was surprised to see reasonable prices and bodies in good shape. There are also plenty of standard wagons too. Don't give up, just keep on looking.

It almost looks easier and cheaper to get an allroad which would be awesome, but that's not exactly what I want.

BuzzKen

TDI

dieselsipper

Veteran Member
Actually, maybe that's a fair price. Would be nice in quattro though.
agreed, the newer body style is timeless. That one is very dated. I'm looking for an allroad anyway, I need the awd and airbag suspension. I'm actually planning on using it for trips into northern ontario onto logging trails and such.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I'm not convinced that car is in Canada, could be a scam... if you look closely it's got Hungarian plates and the Subaru doesn't look like an outback but a legacy wagon which was only sold in Europe
I also have a hard time believing that an S-Line would come with cloth seats and steelies w/hubcaps.

That said, if the car is actually in the country, with a clean registration, you would be hard pressed to find a clean passat TDI, convert it to a manual and deal with the BSM and camshaft for less than that money.

The Audi is a slightly shorter wheelbase over the B5 passat, so a little less rear legroom.

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
What the f*** is wrong with a RED one? :)

Not selling it to you to put a TDI in it, then rub it in my face:) And it's a slushbox anyways:)

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
It's a european import, you can option those things any way you want, it's nothing like ordering a car here with 3 different trim levels, lol.

BuzzKen

TDI
What the f*** is wrong with a RED one? :)

Not selling it to you to put a TDI in it, then rub it in my face:) And it's a slushbox anyways:)

You're just bitter cuz you're tdi-less.

And I wouldn't buy your s**t anyways, I hear the mechanic that works on it is a hack.

daught

TDI
None
I checked out this path a two months ago. Prices were around ~$3000 for A4 wagons with blown motors. Stupid. Then a passats with blown transmissions and ~400KM asking prices were around $2000K. If stars line up I guess someone could get both at a reasonable price, but after dealing with kiji and having getting to the point that I had RSS feeds on my phone I decided it's not worth it and I bought a nice 1.8T 6spd 160K for $5000. In the summer I will import a TDI quattro from europe. In the end it costs about the same as a swap BUT I get to drive around europe rather than spend days under the car :)

james12lucy

Veteran Member
TDI
MK-IV Jetta
I checked out this path a two months ago. Prices were around ~$3000 for A4 wagons with blown motors. Stupid. Then a passats with blown transmissions and ~400KM asking prices were around $2000K. If stars line up I guess someone could get both at a reasonable price, but after dealing with kiji and having getting to the point that I had RSS feeds on my phone I decided it's not worth it and I bought a nice 1.8T 6spd 160K for $5000. In the summer I will import a TDI quattro from europe. In the end it costs about the same as a swap BUT I get to drive around europe rather than spend days under the car :)
There are people selling B6 TDI Avant's here for less than $6k. I've seen no less than three listed, all 6-speed, one was Quattro. Manitoba has an extremely high population of German Hutterites, who have a puncheon for driving TDIs...

Ken, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
There are people selling B6 TDI Avant's here for less than $6k. I've seen no less than three listed, all 6-speed, one was Quattro. Manitoba has an extremely high population of German Hutterites, who have a puncheon for driving TDIs...
Ken, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you.
Where have you been seeing this? I would like to see some ads... Not even 5 or 6 speed Passats I've seen for that little.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
On a more TDI related note, that A6 is sweet. I wonder if it has the 2.5 or the 1.9L, and what kind of fuel economy it gets. Very tempting for the space inside, if it truly is a rust free example.

Doesn't say if it's AWD or not.