Lewisville VW, Lewisville Texas, SUCKS!

BRIAN427COBRA

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 2015 Passat SEL
I went in to Lewisville VW to buy my wife a 05 TDI Beetle, I had a trade in, 01 f150 Supercrew, we agrreed upon the price of my trade in at 12600, and a selling price on the car of 21590, I asked for a cost break down and twice I was told that "I'm just the sales guy, finance has all the numbers", so I waited for the finance guy, start signing all the papers, when I finally got the sheet with the numbers, 8000 for the trade, I told the finance guy we are missing 4600 from my trade he said no we rolled it in to the new loan, I said thats not the deal I signed off on, he leaves and says I must have miss understood, I might not be a accountant but I never agreed to this deal. We go round and round and I said go get my truck I'm outta here, the sales guys brings my truck around and starts to explain to me that I missed understood, I cut him off quickly and just about ran him over.

Two month ago during the 40000 mile oil change I found a oil leak on my 03 jetta TDI, I took it Lewisville VW to get it fixed, they had car for almost three days, never called to say whats up, I finally get my car home open the hood to put the cover back on the engine and all the bolts in front of the valve cover are loose. I call the service manager he says mistakes happen, I told him for the last 18 years I have been an aircraft mechanic and I'm not allowed to make mistakes, now find out what the torque is on those bolts.

Moral of the stories is Lewisville VW SUCKS, stay away at all costs, I will gladly drive another 30 miles for service or a new car. Oh I did file a complaint with the BB, and I'm waiting for monday to call VW.

LEWISVILLE VOLKSWAGEN SUCKS!

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
Hello neighbor,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at L'ville VW. My Golf has needed very little in the way of repairs or dealer service, but when it does, L'ville VW is where I usually take it. The service itself has usually been good, but still had the usual hassles of dealing with a dealer.

My usual method is to go out into the shop and talk at length to the guy who actually works on the car, and make sure he knows what he is doing, both before and after the work is done. If you let them know that you are picky, and let them know that you know what your talking about, it may make the difference between sloppy work, and a tech who will double check everything he does because he knows that you'll do the same when you get your car back.

What did they say when you called them back?

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
>>I call the service manager he says mistakes happen<<

I guess YOUR mistake was to take it to that dealer...

Yuri.

whitegolf

Right there with ya. I had a similar experience with them last week. I've had better luck with both Metro and Boardwalk, at least their internet sales departments. They at least treat you like you've done some research. The guy at Lewisville must have thought I was just gonna hand him the keys and title to my car and pay the "Adjusted market value" markup on his car..

Brassfly

TDI
2004 GLS Silver - Manual
I have to agree! Lewisville VW does suck!!

I have had my Golf for 2 years now, when I bought the car they tried to rip me off over 2k on my trade in. I had already done my homework before I went in and found that my 98 cirrus was worth about 4500. They brought me back an offer of 1800. I gathered my things and was headed out the door and the finance manager stopped me to ask me why I was leaving. I told them that they were trying to rip me off and I won't stand for it. He said he would give me whatever blue book said the car was worth right now. We looked it up and it was 4200, so thats what they gave me for it.

Last month I took it in for the 40,000 mile service (400 bucks seems a bit excessive doesn't it??:confused: ) and had a nail in my tire, they wouldn't fix it because it was "too close to the sidewall" and that I would need to purchase a new tire. I told them just not to mess with it and I would get a tire elsewhere. I took my car to another shop to get the inspection done and they fixed it for 11 bucks. 5000 miles later and no problems.

Now I am trying to get scheduled in for the EGR recall and find out that the loaner policy that they had when they sold me the car has changed to only safety issues do they provide a loaner. When I bought the car, they advertised it as if I have any problems that will take over 3 hours I could get a loaner. Being as that I work every day they are open, there really isn't going to be a chance to get it fixed. Hope its not critical...:mad:

matt1

TDI
looking for jetta tdi wagon
Yeah, I used to have an 02 Golf (actually my wife's car). After being towed twice in 3 years, tons of warranty work, and dumping about 1k out of my own pocket, I figured out that not only were VW dealerships crap, but VW's made in Mexico were too. I'm definitely pro Honda and Toyota.

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
I think the Germans have wised up to Meseco and have made allot of changes. I do have allot of faith in the Austrians and the Poles. I would say my car was assembled well. There are some flaws but I have never recieved a perfect car. Thank God for robots, the paint work and welds are A1.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
matt1 said:
Yeah, I used to have an 02 Golf (actually my wife's car). After being towed twice in 3 years, tons of warranty work, and dumping about 1k out of my own pocket, I figured out that not only were VW dealerships crap, but VW's made in Mexico were too.
Your wife's Golf was made in Brazil. So was mine. It's never been towed, had two minor problems during the warranty period, and two minor problems in the (nearly) 130k miles since the warranty expired.

But I agree with you, most dealerships are crap.

matt1

TDI
Oops!

TornadoRed said:
Your wife's Golf was made in Brazil. So was mine. It's never been towed, had two minor problems during the warranty period, and two minor problems in the (nearly) 130k miles since the warranty expired.

But I agree with you, most dealerships are crap.
Yeah sorry about that, meant to say Brazil, was in another thread about Mexican made quality and Brazillian quality vs German.

Like I said earlier, we had all sorts of crappy things happen. This one is my personal favorite.....After a year of owning the car, my mechanic (who I trust and is a gazzilon times more competent than any dealership in the DFW area) finds that the drain in the oil pan is stripped while changing the oil. I'm leary and go out in his shop to see for myself. I find that it isn't stripped, there are no threads whatsoever. They all fell out, he had them in his hand, it was as smooth as a baby's butt in the drain plug. Of course VW would not allow the warranty to fix this since "This problem didn't occur at a dealership but a private mechanic".

limbmydog

TDI
04 gls tdi, 2013 Passat SE 6M
lewsiville VW sucks

i got my oil change there on time and they lost my keys, my car was there for two days befoer they attemped to call me, and then they said i had to get the remaing keys and bring them up to the dealership so they could rekey everything, WHAT A HASSEL. and when i finally get my car back they frogot to put the parking brake cable on, for some reason that is really weird becuse they dident even mess with the brakes, they said the dident even touch the brakes, WHICH IS A LIE.
And other times for service they are soo stupid, i called up to see if my car was doen and they had no idea were my car was, or what need to be done on it. they called me 6 hours later saying they founf my car.
MY ADVICE GO TO METRO, OR RUSTY WALLS VW, LEWISVILLE VW SUCKS NADS

Tuishimi

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI
A good service department makes or breaks a dealership. You could have the buggiest car in the universe but if the service department treats you like a king, all is good.

You could have an awesome car that has maybe 1 problem every 3 years, but if the service department is a bunch of screw-ups... well, your car becomes junk in your eyes.

:(

matt1

TDI
Lord of The Rings

If you want to avoid a dealership a good alternative is a place called Lord of the Rings. No, the name has nothing to do with the movie. It has been around for about 20 years. The owner is Bob Mullen, it is a very fair, and safe place to take your VW. This shop is the only thing I miss about my wifes old Golf. I highly recommend this place.

2slowtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Bora gone. 2006 Benz CDI 235hp 420ftlbstq
I think Lewisville VW has more problems than service of cars.
They have a people service problem.

I was working on a deal to get my VW and was going over the
numbers they had and came across $500 and asked what that
was for " school taxs, dont worry about it" then he asked
"when I was going to buy".
O' in about 60 days and I left did a deal with Rusty Wallis
that day.

DL7265

TDI
2006 TDI Shadow Blue PK2 DSG
BRIAN427COBRA said:
I went in to Lewisville VW to buy my wife a 05 TDI Beetle, I had a trade in, 01 f150 Supercrew, we agrreed upon the price of my trade in at 12600, and a selling price on the car of 21590, I asked for a cost break down and twice I was told that "I'm just the sales guy, finance has all the numbers", so I waited for the finance guy, start signing all the papers, when I finally got the sheet with the numbers, 8000 for the trade, I told the finance guy we are missing 4600 from my trade he said no we rolled it in to the new loan, I said thats not the deal I signed off on, he leaves and says I must have miss understood, I might not be a accountant but I never agreed to this deal. We go round and round and I said go get my truck I'm outta here, the sales guys brings my truck around and starts to explain to me that I missed understood, I cut him off quickly and just about ran him over.

Two month ago during the 40000 mile oil change I found a oil leak on my 03 jetta TDI, I took it Lewisville VW to get it fixed, they had car for almost three days, never called to say whats up, I finally get my car home open the hood to put the cover back on the engine and all the bolts in front of the valve cover are loose. I call the service manager he says mistakes happen, I told him for the last 18 years I have been an aircraft mechanic and I'm not allowed to make mistakes, now find out what the torque is on those bolts.

Moral of the stories is Lewisville VW SUCKS, stay away at all costs, I will gladly drive another 30 miles for service or a new car. Oh I did file a complaint with the BB, and I'm waiting for monday to call VW.

LEWISVILLE VOLKSWAGEN SUCKS!

I have had very good luck with Boardwalk.....