LEDs for Mk3s

Rig

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, 210k miles
I know nothing about the golf headlights, especially euro code ones. You have 2x H4 per headlight? Are they projectors or reflectors?

I ended up just watching a ton of youtube videos to figure out what LEDs to get and I bought through amazon. If you know your bulb type, most should be plug and play with just a few tweaks.

Most "high power" LEDs will come with seperate driver box. This helps control the heat and prevent error codes or other problems, otherwise I feel like you probably aren't getting that much of an improvement over stock halogen.

These are the ones I got for my highs (h7)

On his channel he reviews a bunch of different types of LEDs and these were brighter than LED sets twice the price. I am very happy with them and you can see the results in my other thread. No codes or any weird stuff.

Biggest concern though is how the LED projects light in your housing. You want an OEM light pattern so that you aren't blinding oncoming traffic. I opted to get projector lenses for my LEDs so that the light is a bit more controlled/concentrated. If you have separate low beams you can just get a dimmer LED for those.

BoiseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Golf - SOLD
My understanding is they are the same as mk3 Jettas but I’m no expert and yes I do believe they are H4s. That’s why I was intrigued by this website as they tell you exactly what you need based on your model and year.

I know nothing about the golf headlights, especially euro code ones. You have 2x H4 per headlight? Are they projectors or reflectors?

I ended up just watching a ton of youtube videos to figure out what LEDs to get and I bought through amazon. If you know your bulb type, most should be plug and play with just a few tweaks.

Most "high power" LEDs will come with seperate driver box. This helps control the heat and prevent error codes or other problems, otherwise I feel like you probably aren't getting that much of an improvement over stock halogen.

These are the ones I got for my highs (h7)

On his channel he reviews a bunch of different types of LEDs and these were brighter than LED sets twice the price. I am very happy with them and you can see the results in my other thread. No codes or any weird stuff.

Biggest concern though is how the LED projects light in your housing. You want an OEM light pattern so that you aren't blinding oncoming traffic. I opted to get projector lenses for my LEDs so that the light is a bit more controlled/concentrated. If you have separate low beams you can just get a dimmer LED for those.