Leaking Brake Fluid

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Thank goodness for that! 20% is no small tax. I guess it's the orders shipped from outside UK in are now required to pay VAT.

Derramax

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, 2005 Golf TDI, 1979 Rabbit 1.5D, 1964 Dodge D300 353N Detroit
Removing the delay valve
Fist off I should have took some pictures but it didn't dawn on me until I had reinstalled.
I decided to do this mod but ran into an issue. The valve body looks like all the others I've seen online but the bleeder had yellow thumb tabs to open the bleeder. Once out I could see it was restricted inside but with what appears to be a gray round disc that I couldn't get out with and tool. All the DYI tutorials on this show a little green piece you remove. I don't seem to have that but an unremovable restriction disc?
I'm going to need to bleed the system again as the pedal is not right yet. Driving to work the pedal started only partially returning and even though the clutch was fully engaged I know that the must be still some air in the line.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Fist off I should have took some pictures but it didn't dawn on me until I had reinstalled.
I decided to do this mod but ran into an issue. The valve body looks like all the others I've seen online but the bleeder had yellow thumb tabs to open the bleeder. Once out I could see it was restricted inside but with what appears to be a gray round disc that I couldn't get out with and tool. All the DYI tutorials on this show a little green piece you remove. I don't seem to have that but an unremovable restriction disc?
I'm going to need to bleed the system again as the pedal is not right yet. Driving to work the pedal started only partially returning and even though the clutch was fully engaged I know that the must be still some air in the line.
I can't give you any insight into this issue other than to say that I have an ECS block sitting on the shelf, awaiting the next scheduled brake/clutch fluid replacement. I like the idea of an aluminum block even if its advantage over plastic turns out to be in theory only.

Derramax

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, 2005 Golf TDI, 1979 Rabbit 1.5D, 1964 Dodge D300 353N Detroit
I can't give you any insight into this issue other than to say that I have an ECS block sitting on the shelf, awaiting the next scheduled brake/clutch fluid replacement. I like the idea of an aluminum block even if its advantage over plastic turns out to be in theory only.
Yeah I ordered up the aluminum block from the guy in Europe that sells them on eBay.