Last NW fling of the year

Heinz57

Veteran Member
Sorry to have missed the Vancouver GTG
but I still need a fix before the year is out.
Since time is running out quickly who would be interested for a GTG
in the Olympia/Bellingham area ??
The weekend 10/5 or 10/12 ??. A Drive , eat some where along the way and maybe
a quick tech exchange ??? All it takes is more then one !!! Saturday or Sunday would be fine with me.

[ September 30, 2002, 12:07: Message edited by: Heinz57 ]

Frank Doherty

Perhaps some of you who leave near Auburn would like to take advantage of Auburn VW's FREE "Fall Service Clinic" on Saturday, October 12th? This is a "by appointment" deal where you bring your car in, hand the keys to the serice department staff, walk around the lot,look at the new VWs, BS with the staff, have a free hot dog and coke while they perform a "27-point inspection" of your car. It takes about an hour and once you get your car's "report card" there is absolutely no obligation to buy anything. (I went last year and the only thing that my car needed was a new set of wipers.) I'll go again this year and see what they "recommend" now that I am edging closer to 60K. Anyway, if interested give them a call at 888 528-5280 or 253 833-4940 to make an appointment

michael.

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K, silver
I would prefer the 12th or 13th. Saturday the 12th @ Auburn VW sounds cool, and is close to Bahn Brenner (Upsolute chips anyone?), but the 13th might allow more people to show up.

I will mark my calendar and hope it stays.

michael.

Marcb

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I too, have missed too many GTG's this year!!!
I wanted to make it up to the big GTG in Olympia but was in Boston, MA instead).... The 12th or 13th would be just fine. I think the GTG at the Auburn VW dealer would be fun and then we could take a drive or ???

Keep us posted.

Oil_Burner

Veteran Member
It's ONLY October! Why does this have to be the LAST GTG of the year? What about November and December? I'm yelling because I'll be working a twelve hour night shift seven days a week and probably cant make it.

kailei

12th or 13th works for me.
I can't make the 5th or 6th.

I'll have my tuning box by then.
Perhaps I could get a hand installing it?

Charles

Bean Eater

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, Blue, auto
The 12th-13th weekend works for me! I'll have some .184s to install and that would be a good opportunity to vag-com the idle quantity as part of the same mod.

Heinz57

Veteran Member
I can help with the tuning box - also have the 6 foot cable so the adjustment can be made while driving. Does anyone have a Vagcom they will bring or can someone tell me how to clear a airbag code?? Just missed out on a .184 set but we could still try a installation if we can get it done on short order. At this point the weather is the unknown - it doesnt look that good but we will have to see.

Chief Lee Visceral

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001, midnight blue
Hello all and this newbie would like to make the GTG. Bought a 2001 Jetta TDI with 12k for my wife. She split, I found this website and of course I Upsoluted a week later. Damn now I am hooked.

I drive it on my commute, Maple Valley to SODO. I got a quarter tank then I am going to Dr. Dan's... my manifold IS filthy, this won't stand...

I have a lot of questions. So I really hope to make it.

Heinz57

Veteran Member
It looks like saturday the 12th is the easiest for people and the weather looks promising. We could meet at Auburn VW and go for a drive later, anyone volunteer their place to meet?? Start around 10 am, grab some grub and ???

tdijim

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 1996 Passat TDI
We're picking our 2000 Jetta TDI up this week (absolute beginners). Hope to get some ideas and a chip this weekend. Hope to see you.

kailei

Thanks for the offer to help w/ the tuning box, Heinz.
I can't wait to accelerate faster

See everyone around 10am in Auburn

michael.

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K, silver
Anyone called Auburn VW to see if we can gather there? Think they'll have a problem?

Also, anyone called Auburn VW to have them run their "free, by appointment only, 27 point inspection". I have a CEL that I would like checked. It is on for a day or so and off for a day or so - very annoying.

Excellent probability that I'll be there for the GTG and to check my CEL with the VW techies.

michael.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I forgot it's the Thanksgiving's Day long weekend... I'm not sure if I can make it anymore due to "family dinners".....

[ October 08, 2002, 08:31: Message edited by: VW Derf ]

tdijim

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 1996 Passat TDI
Auburn VW Dealer's address is 31059 Auburn Way North. Thanks for the info on the free checkup, by the way. See you there.