Lamborghini-style doors on a TDI?

boatofcar

TDI
Golf, 2005, GLS
So I was watching Pimp My Ride (yeah, yeah, I know....
) and they replaced the civic doors with Lamborghini-style scissor doors. Anybody ever seen this done on a TDI? I'd love to add them to my Golf. I found this site, and they make it seem really easy. Thoughts?

TDIRyan

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI Black
They wouldn't be that hard to put on, but it'd be annoying as hell and look odd on a 4 door.

TDIRyan

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI Black
THey aren't that hard. It's simply a scissor-style lift mechanism that you push the door out about 4 inches, then slide it upward. Install is about 4 bolts and a little piston for helping you lift the door.

Hoodie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
They wouldn't be that hard to put on, but it'd be annoying as hell and look odd on a 4 door.
I couldn't agree more.
Until the day comes and we are all driving space ships aruond I'll leave the Lambo doors on the Lambo...

penclnck

I forget who was selling them at last years waterfest, but they had to cut up the fenders to allow room for the hardware. You couldn't see the cutting when the doors where shut. My guess is there will be a flood of cars with this type mod at this years waterfest.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
HPA Motorsports is selling these on their website. There was a pic of a 4-door Jetta at a car show that had these on the front doors and it doesn't look too bad, although I couldn't justify the cost personally. I can think of far too many things I could spend that money on before I bought Lambo Scissor Doors (LSD's). LINK

droppedjet

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD 2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Actually I beg to differ Vertical Doors makesa good kit... I wouldnt trust that site because they dont even have a bolt-up for the jetta and plus you want something reliable not something cheap on a euro... I have VDI and I love it... I took 9 hours to do mine only because the brackets are hard as hell to get to here is a pic of it installed

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
just to satisfy my curiousity: can we get a pic from the rear of how much space there is to get in and out?

these two lambo door threads should be merged..... though i have to imagine 90% of forum members are determined not to read them.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
If you take a look at the date the original thread was posted (05/16/05 or May 16th, 2005) you'll realize that this thread was kinda resurrected form the dead.

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Lambo doors have to be one of the most cleche things you can do to a car. I think 9 out of 10 cars at Hot Import Nights have those. What's really great is when they have their $10,000 chameleon paint job and both of the doors have run into the fenders due to the poorly engineered afterthought known as "lambo doors". Use your imagination if you truly want to be different. ;)

droppedjet

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD 2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
shizzler said:
just to satisfy my curiousity: can we get a pic from the rear of how much space there is to get in and out?

these two lambo door threads should be merged..... though i have to imagine 90% of forum members are determined not to read them.
ill get the pics for yall... i will try to put a movie clip on here to