Lakeridge, VA — mini-GTG — Fri., Oct. 4th @ 6pm

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
What's up guys, I just wanted to make a post about a little mini-GTG action that's happening in Lakeridge, VA, at the middle school parking lot (near the intersection of Mohican & Old Bridge).

It's just a few of us getting together for some show and tell, and a little Vag-Com action, nothing really big.

If you're in the area and want to show up, we'll be meeting at 6:00pm on Friday.

So far it'll be Wkendrvr, car54, myself, and another forum member who needs to be de-EGRed.

[ October 01, 2002, 09:10: Message edited by: VeeDubTDI ]

N_D_v_22101

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MK4 2001 -REFLEX SILVER and now a MK5 JETTA Platinum Grey NON-TDI Tho.
Uber-meister (lol)-

How long will you be there? Are there any plans to get some grub afterwards? I'm coming from the tysons area and would like to meet up to!

-Neil

P.S. I'll let you know by the end of this month regarding the mufflerectomy.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Neil, I suppose we could go get some grub afterwards... sure beats all of us going home immediately & having to fight with traffic. I'll probably arrive in woodbridge around 3:00 PM so that I can take the restricted lanes before they turn to HOV, and I'll leave around 8 or 9 or 10 or something.

Richard Berg

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
Hmm, only about 1.5hr away, maybe I'll make the drive if I'm feeling bored -- I do need the EGR mod, after all
(and the Raleigh GTG's been pushed back to November)

[ October 02, 2002, 10:42: Message edited by: Richard Berg ]

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Cool, looks like we'll make it a dinner thing so that you don't have to drive all that way for a 3 minute procedure.

I think car54 is going to be a bum and skip this GTG... he either has to work, or go to a party, or something.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Ok, so where are we going for dinner? There's Dak's if everyone is in a slightly expensive steak mood (awesome food), Burger King (not), and I'm sure a few other good places around.

Ideas anyone?

wkendrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
tdi
Hmmm trying to think of a good place to get grub around there...

Most places are going to have the Friday night crowd, but we could try Glory Days...

G's was thinking this was going to be a short one, now I gotta find a babysitter

wkendrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
tdi
How many folks are bringing Vag Com besides myself?

Also, can we get a count of everyone needing "EGR Adjustment"?

Also, there are a few of us "Unchipped" , "Unboxed" and ummm just plain old stock
Who has what?

Note to self - Bring AC inverter

Also, they are speaking of possible rain, 30% (which around here lately means 0%)

wkendrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
tdi
YIKES This thing is GROWING!!! Just got mail back, another de-EGR!

Glad I picked a big lot

IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PLEASE POST IN THE THREAD!!

[ October 02, 2002, 12:48: Message edited by: wkendrvr ]

wkendrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
tdi
OK, there is BBQ nearby, Red Lobster, Glory Days (American Fare), Carrabba's (Italian)

All will prolly be a wait unless we make reservations... When we GTG we can decide then and call.

scpd92

TDI
01' Jetta RIP (flood), 13' Passat 6M
It's warms my heart to hear there are so many TDIers in that area. My brother lives around the corner from the middle school. Although I am in NY now come next August I'll be moving down to NOVA. Good to know there is such a following down there.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hooray for the Northern VA TDIers!
Okay, that was retarded... i'm going to sleep now. See you all in 18 hours or something.

N_D_v_22101

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MK4 2001 -REFLEX SILVER and now a MK5 JETTA Platinum Grey NON-TDI Tho.
I'll be there...look for the WOB plate!

How do I get there from the tysons area? I don't really go that direction too often!

Thanks,
Neil

wkendrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
tdi
Ok, from I-95 in Woodbridge, get off at PrinceWilliam Pkway, Stay to your right and turn onto 639, (this is the first exit off of Prince William Parkway after getting off the freeway.) Follow this to Minnieville Road and make right onto Minnieville (there is a WAWA on the corner) Follow Minnieville to Old Bridge (you will pass a CVS on your left) and make a left onto Old Bridge. Think it is 4 stop lights (don't quote me!) to Mohican, (when you see the high school on the left it is the next light) Turn right on Mohican. Make an immediate left into the school. My cell # is 703-861-7403.

wkendrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
tdi
Look for A Blue 02, and a Black 02 Jetta in the first driveway. Both are tinted... There is usually a soccer or football game going on so we won't draw too much attention...

Richard Berg

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
Ok -- should I follow the I-95 directions if coming from the South? (I-85) If not I'll hit Mapquest or call you...keep in mind I won't be leaving until about 4:30 so may not be there at 6pm on the dot...

wkendrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
tdi
Still get off on Prince William Parkway and the directions from there should be the same. (Both n & s exits for Prince William Parkway come out the same place. Just make sure you stay all the way to the right (but don't turn into the commuter parking lot!)

--Mike

PS- Not a prob about being there at 6, Worse case we will be nearby eating... (and I have my AC inverter so laptop will still be good!)

[ October 04, 2002, 10:53: Message edited by: wkendrvr ]

wkendrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
tdi
Richard - Got sorta good news

Note for '96 Passat and possibly other older ECU variations: The adaptation numbers are in a different range, and you won't be able to get feedback on what you are doing on the same screen. The EGR adaptation number for a '96 Passat with the original "BK" ECU is 188 rather than 33768 and you'll have to go back to "measuring blocks" group 3 to see the effect before "saving" the new setting.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yours was already adapted... However you were still having issues, I think that it was done after (maybe when the TB was done) and not before the intake clogged.... Below is the code

00575 - Intake Manifold Pressure
17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Well that was fun! I can't believe we had 2 people from North Carolina show up.

Anyway, it was great meeting you all, i'm sure this won't be the last local GTG we have.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Strange, my signature link works just fine for me.