Lake Stevens Apr 24 Post GTG

Dana D.

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000, white
<font color="brown"> Most excellent GTG!!!

Thank you whatnxt for hosting all us oilburning techno/gearheads. A beautiful estate on a lake in the country; the sun was shining; the cuisine superb; whistling turbos all about and the scent of fresh bioD and brake fluid in the air. Damn, a little slice of heaven on Earth!

Wrenches were a'turning and filters were a'changing. Comrades old and new together in fine fellowship. It was a good day. Thank you to all. </font>

Personal thanks to Heinz for the filter run, to lumberjackbob for the CCVfilter (ooh, a sparkley on the engine!) ... oh, and to the guy who made the beef brisket (yum).

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Thank you very much whatnxt for your great hosptitality. Had a lot of fun and got the stuff I wanted done. Weather was great (though I got a little red in the sun as usual:(). Loved the beef brisket and it was great to see everyone again!

Posted some pics in the West Coast Picture Section. A few are below as well:

I saw a lot of other cameras out there.. please post some more.

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
What a wonderful time!

The weather was perfect and the fellowship was awesome as usual!!!

There are too many thankyou's to list individually, if I miss anyone I apologize in advance...(I'm HORRIBLE at remembering names!)

Thanks to John for the use of the oil extractor and general hand holding during my oil change and air filter change.

Thanks to Rich for the use of his tool kit (it was a great accessory to my "kitlet"). /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks to Pat for the lesson in changing a fuel filter.

Thanks to Bob for helping with the splashguard install (who knew it was "dead simple" and convinced me too).

Thanks to Jorry for the supplies and instruction on how to do the 5 light brake mod. Again, it was dead simple and I feel a little safer now.

My hubby had a great time, actually declined fishing and going on the water and stuck around all of the wrenchers. His job was to keep me from doing three different things at once ("let's just complete one thing BEFORE you move onto the next, okay hon?")
On the way home he was asking me what my wish list of projects were for the car!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The drive back was great, my car seemed much happier.
As hubby dozed off, I got into a little bit of a race with an A3 gasser and a newer Sentra.
How much fun is that for a mom!! ("Oh by the way, while you were sleeping, I took the car up to 95+ just to see what it would do!") /images/graemlins/eek.gif

I just wish I could have gotten to meet and chat with everyone that was there, but I was a little distracted with working on the car.

Can't wait for the next one...... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keli

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Everyone at the Lk Stevens GTG,

Thank you all for making this a great GTG. Many new friends made and lots accomplished. I hope that everyone had a good time, and went home full, both mentally and physically.

For those of you that left donations, that was very much unexpected. Thank you.

Looked outside after Pat left (the last) and it was hard imaging that there were so many cars and people here. Very strange.

I to can hardly wait until the next GTG. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI GLS Galactic Blue, 2000 Eurovan with ALH fromthe 02 Jetta
Shamefull Keli, 95? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Going over Stevens Pass Saturday night a 2.0 Jetta passed me lower on the hill. I decided to show himjust what he didn't have. So later up into the 6% grade, I got him to try to keep up, I would slow down to about 65, he would try to pass, and I would just run off and leave him. Quite fun, it was dark so he really couldn't see the grin on my face. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wick

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI
This was the first GTG for my wife and I and we loved it! As I am new to TDI engines I learned alot from asking questions and getting help from other people. Thanks for everyone who let me listen and showed me around. People were very nice, weather was sunny (Fred cover your neck /images/graemlins/eek.gif), Food was great and I can't wait to the next GTG. Thanks again to Whatsnxt for a great time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NeXTstep guy

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Silver
Well, I definitely had a blast. I wish I had brought my sunscreen though. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

The hosts were very gracious to let a whole bunch of us TDI'ers wrench in their beautiful place. The setup with the garage, the tarmac and the large grassy lawn was ideal.

I got a chance to clean my snowscreen, clean my air filter,and learn more about the bits and pieces of my engine. The BioDiesel pit stop was fun!

Matt: Thanks for selling us a lot of B100. The top-up and the 3 jerry cans were appreciated!

Keli: Thanks for making me a set of wires for the 5 light brake mod. I did them tonight. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif You were right, it was so, so, so, so simple to do!!!! I'll post up the prices for my 2 remaining jerry cans.

Those hose clamp pliers were pretty good. They are not as nicely finished off as the other pliers. But hey, you get what you pay for! I tried them with the large hose clamps. Has anyone tried it with the smaller hose clamps?
RWW

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
To All,

The wife came home on Friday and looked around the house and yard and said that I could host another GTG anytime. (Like she could really stop me)I sent her the pictures (thanks to the Takers/Posters) to her in The Netherlands (on a vacation); made her home-sick. Thanks for all that attended. /images/graemlins/mad.gif