Lack of used TDI's after 2015

amsoiltek

TDI
2015 Golf SEL White
Am I missing something, I can't seem to find any used Golfs TDI's after 2015. My search fu must be broken.

amsoiltek

TDI
2015 Golf SEL White
So I guess I was close to the answer. Good ole Wikipedia had me confused with the model years. So now the hunt for a low milage 2015 Golf TDI. My son has a petrol 2014 GTI and that car gets good mileage. I sure would like to stay away from DEF cars, my 2008 Duramax is pre-def.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
What's your resistance to DEF? The 2.0L TDIs with DEF tend to perform better than the non-DEF cars. Either way, if you want non-DEF you should look for an '09-14. Golf is '10-14.

KIWIPOP

TDI
2015 Golf SE
Does anyone actually KNOW! what happened to all the Dieselgate cars? At one time I was under the impression that VW was going to clean the emissions up and re-market them as CPO vehicles. I turned in my 2015 TDI golf but found I was so enamored with the driving characteristics that I searched for and purchased a 2016 TDI Mercedes E250. I am deeply infatuated with this vehicle and it's driving characteristics. But, I would love to find another 2015 TDI Golf for an "Around Town" car. And yes, the E250 is a DEF vehicle.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Most of them were re-tuned and re-sold. It's been a while, but my recollection is they bought back about 275,000 cars, and they re-sold the majority of them. If the car had very high miles or was in poor condition (some turned them in with accident damage) then they were crushed. And any '12-14 Passat TDIs with manual transmissions that were turned in were crushed. VW couldn't come up with an approved fix for that car.

Both of my sons now have buyback TDIs: A '15 Passat and an '11 JSW. I have a '15 GSW that I bought new from the dealer once the stop sale was lifted.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
If they had a dieselgate warranty, then they were fixed, not all crushed. Probably a higher percentage of them were crushed than others because of age, mileage, and condition, however.

rocky raccoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
I work for Manheim Auto Auction (a Cox Company). We stored several hundred new Diesel VWs and serviced them prior to and following the warranty fixes. We periodically drove them, checked fluids and tires and generally kept them in shape while awaiting resale. They are excellent cars. I bought one myself, a 2014 JSW CJAA with DSG. It has been trouble and drama-free for two and a half years so far.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
A Mannheim lot was one of the better places for a TDI to rest, down in Florida I saw some TDIs parked in the low spots (swamp) behind dealerships and many got flooded out.