KVW bug with the Jetta Wagon

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
tongsli said:
Could everyone who has a Jetta Wagon or a Golf please send an email to info@szkvw.com and tell Ji that you want a fix for the KVW100 bug.

He believes that I'm the only person who this has affected.

thanks,

Lito
I'll send him an email- mine's the same.

vwnumber3

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Reflex Silver
Just sent another email. I had sent one about a month ago. They said it would be easy to fix and I haven't heard anything since then. I hope we can get this resolved. Thanks for all you hard work Lito.

Mike

szkvw

TDI
PASSAT
all dear friend
we have cked the ccm from world impex and find that the data from wagen is no problem. and in fact nobody find such a so called "bug" until lito speak about it.so i think this "bug" will not affect you use the car .we have update at least 1500 cars in usa by ecstuing ,performance cafe ,3werks,worldimpex and at least 15000 cars out of usa and no more bug report .
and anyway i think most people love this function right? I even tell LITO how to eable "HOLD ON" fucntion for a JETTA by vds.
so pls do not make a complex cooperation and JUST want to get a alarm beep. in fact for a long time i do not understand what is the problem. and even JOHN in worldimpex can not speak it clearly.
i do hope you can love this product.

Last edited:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
szkvw said:
all dear friend
we have cked the ccm from world impex and find that the data from wagen is no problem. and in fact nobody find such a so called "bug" until lito speak about it.
DID YOU READ ALL THE POSTS ABOVE???

Everyone here has reported the "KVW bug"

so i think this "bug" will not affect you use the car .we have update at least 1500 cars in usa by ecstuing ,performance cafe ,3werks,worldimpex and at least 15000 cars out of usa and no more bug report .
and anyway i think most people love this function right? I even tell LITO how to eable "HOLD ON" fucntion for a JETTA by vds.
so pls do not make a complex cooperation and JUST want to get a alarm beep. in fact for a long time i do not understand what is the problem. and even JOHN in worldimpex can not speak it clearly.
i do hope you can love this product.
John understands the problem perfectly. You're the one who doesn't understand. I've shown it to John in person and he understands 100%.

Ji's 1st attempt at a fix, disabled my Alarm horn. I NOW HAVE NO ALARM HORN. Since then, he has not sent another fix for this. Impex bought a used CCM, and sent it to China. He keeps saying I'm the only one with this problem. I did not sign up to be a BETA tester.

Nothing was done with the CCM that was sent to China. I was then told to try using the instructions on adapting a new key FOB, which I now doubt works at all. If someone has a new Key FOB, please follow the instructions and tell us if it does anything? I do not know of one person who has verified the following procedure. We need someone to test and VERIFY this.

You can restore the new key FOB for the "One touch" roll-up feature with the following steps:
  1. Put your key into the ignition and turn the ignition switch to "ON", there is no need to start the vehicle
  2. Plug the KVW100 into your OBD-II interface plug. Make sure it is a snug fit. The KVW100will give a single long beep, once it is fitted properly
  3. When the green led light on the KVW100 is on, hold the driver’s door "lock" button
  4. When you hear a long beep from the KVW100 again, release the door "lock" button
  5. Wait for 2 minutes you will hear kvw100 give 3 short beep then pull it out
I have sent emails to ECSTuning and Performance Cafe letting them know about this bug and this thread.

I'm ready to go back to stock and install the AlienTech that I pulled from my car.

Here is the original post on page 1 describing the problem LOOK HERE

Last edited:

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
I've been waiting to see this resolved before buying the product.

SZKVW, there are not that many Jetta wagons in the US (certainly not 15,000 and I doubt even 1500).

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
They probably haven't had too many other complaints, because I doubt that more than a few people would be perceptive enough to evaluate the problem+ the low number of wagons. Thanks for following up on this Lito. Your description of the problem on p1 is spot on. They have a glitch in the program and should be motivated to rectify it.

TeleDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2004, Reflex Silver
tongsli said:
Yeah right! Nice try, been there done that. Why would he? There'd be no reason to buy the product.
Lito,

Maybe you can get him to tell you the addresses/values that were changed under a Non-Disclosure Agreement so you can at least get your CCM back to stock using VDS Pro.

Think that it's worth a try?

Nothing else seems to be working and Ji does not even think this is a bug! :mad:

T.D.

szkvw

TDI
PASSAT
yes you are right

danix said:
I've been waiting to see this resolved before buying the product.

SZKVW, there are not that many Jetta wagons in the US (certainly not 15,000 and I doubt even 1500).
Hi danix
you are right. i do not know how many wagons in usa.
this 1500 are sold to GOLF,NEWBEETLE,PASSAT,JETTA. so this is really a very small number.

Googo

TDI
Golf, 2004, Reflex Silver
Wonder if someone can use VDS to get a full dump of the mem first before running the KVW and then redumping and get a memory map comparisson to figure out which values were changed. That or get a dump from another wagon of the same year and flash it into Lito's after he gets a backup to make in case the new code doesn't work.

szkvw

TDI
PASSAT
Googo said:
Wonder if someone can use VDS to get a full dump of the mem first before running the KVW and then redumping and get a memory map comparisson to figure out which values were changed. That or get a dump from another wagon of the same year and flash it into Lito's after he gets a backup to make in case the new code doesn't work.
if it is possible i will take LITO's CCM to china and have a close ck.
thx for Lito's advise and promot on kvw100.
worldimpex bear big press and say soryy for him. the new kvw100 he is selling will not have this problem. and ecstuing will make a statement sometimes. and he told me he has tested it and ok.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
vwnumber3 said:
Will we all be receiving this updated code to correct our problems?
The problem is getting your CCM back to stock. I don't think the so-called "new" code will reverse what's been done.

At least we haven't been told that it will.

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
Googo said:
That would probably work... if it came down to that. You could even get a dump from a known good CCM, compare it with Lito's, and change the modified values back manually...

... but I think the preferred method is to have it fixed by the originator, rather than reverse-engineering his product, which is what you would do by comparing memory dumps.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
My CCM is untouched, if you need a dump of it.
I'm confused when skz says that the problem is fixed and new versions won't have it, yet a few posts back was saying there is no problem.

bigmak

TDI
2002 jetta 1.8t
szkvw said:
Hi danix
you are right. i do not know how many wagons in usa.
this 1500 are sold to GOLF,NEWBEETLE,PASSAT,JETTA. so this is really a very small number.
It doesn't matter if it's a small number of cars affected or a large number.... it's still an issue. Don't sweep them under the rug just because there aren't many Jetta wagons.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
you know. I read this one day when perusing the forums, and tottally disregarded it. as I dont know of this product that was being sold, and I dont have one. I got off work last night and stopped at Walmart on the way home(3 a.m.). I walk up to my car, unlock the Hatch of my Golf, shut the hatch and then unlocked the doors with my Key Fob(maybe that order). and Behold, the doors unlocked and the alarm armed itself. exactly like this thread mentioned.
I do not have this product, I have an RC2, but this seems like a bug in the computer itself. so include '06 Golfs with this, at least mine anyway, as it is a small inconvenience that I will try not to do again.

Eric B

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon

TDikook said:
you know. I read this one day when perusing the forums, and tottally disregarded it. as I dont know of this product that was being sold, and I dont have one. I got off work last night and stopped at Walmart on the way home(3 a.m.). I walk up to my car, unlock the Hatch of my Golf, shut the hatch and then unlocked the doors with my Key Fob(maybe that order). and Behold, the doors unlocked and the alarm armed itself. exactly like this thread mentioned.
I do not have this product, I have an RC2, but this seems like a bug in the computer itself. so include '06 Golfs with this, at least mine anyway, as it is a small inconvenience that I will try not to do again.

Eric B
I installed the stock CCM into my wife's Jetta Wagon. No BUG, nothing. Here is the sequence:

1. Unlock hatch with Key FOB and open rear hatch, with the hatch OPEN...
2. Unlock the car and open a door. Leave it open OR close it. Doesn't matter.
3. Close the hatch

Car will not arm when the rear hatch is closed because the doors were unlocked, opened and closed, or left open

This is how it should be.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
OK, I got to work today, and was thinking of this. so I got out, armed the alarm. opened the hatch with the FOB. then I closed the hatch and before the alarm could rearm itself, I unlocked the doors with the FOB. now there is that 5-7 second window that the hatch has to rearm itself after it is closed without the alarm being turned off. IF you unlock the car before that time, the alarm will arm itself, but the doors will remain unlocked.

I verified it three times. that 5-7 second window the hatch is going to arm the alarm. I didnt try it with the door open, but I am just gonna take it for what its worth. the hatch will rearm the alarm when just opening the hatch. I will wait a few seconds if I do that again, or just unlock the car then open the hatch.

Eric B

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDikook said:
OK, I got to work today, and was thinking of this. so I got out, armed the alarm. opened the hatch with the FOB. then I closed the hatch and before the alarm could rearm itself, I unlocked the doors with the FOB. now there is that 5-7 second window that the hatch has to rearm itself after it is closed without the alarm being turned off. IF you unlock the car before that time, the alarm will arm itself, but the doors will remain unlocked.

I verified it three times. that 5-7 second window the hatch is going to arm the alarm. I didnt try it with the door open, but I am just gonna take it for what its worth. the hatch will rearm the alarm when just opening the hatch. I will wait a few seconds if I do that again, or just unlock the car then open the hatch.

Eric B
With the hatch open(using the FOB), unlock the car with the FOB, then close the hatch.

Does the car arm itself after the hatch is closed?

Is the driver's door LED lit or not?

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
tongsli said:
With the hatch open(using the FOB), unlock the car with the FOB, then close the hatch.

Does the car arm itself after the hatch is closed?

Is the driver's door LED lit or not?
I tried this on a UK 2002 Passat Wagon, 2000 Bora and 2003 Bora (Jetta) today,

with the car armed, unlocked hatch with the fob, the driver's door LED turns off and the doors stay locked

Unlocked the doors, opened them, closed them, closed the hatch. The alarm does not arm itself. Opened and closed the doors.

I can't see the US car's having different functionality.

Last edited:

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
tongsli said:
1. Unlock hatch with Key FOB and open rear hatch, with the hatch OPEN...
2. Unlock the car and open a door. Leave it open OR close it. Doesn't matter.
3. Close the hatch

Car will not arm when the rear hatch is closed because the doors were unlocked, opened and closed, or left open

This is how it should be.
Of course. When you unlock the car and open a door, you are disengaging the alarm. If, during step 2 above, you unlocked the car but did not open a door, regardless of whether the hatch was open or not, the alarm would automatically rearm itself. However, you would not hear the alarm beep until you closed the trunk, and I'm not sure whether or not the LED flashes until the trunk is closed, in that case.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
We're all saying the same thing at this point.

It's definately a BUG with the KVW100 which causes the alarm malfunction.

szkvw

TDI
PASSAT
i am really sorry for the trouble has brought to you.
and we are making a fixed kvw100 to fix your problem. i need some original ccm info still. i have got it now.
and new version kvw100 has no this alarm problem. and i was told by impex that lito has tested it . thx lito for your help. i know lito love VDSPRO more than kvw100. but any way , kvw100 for those people with very bad memory people who often forget to close windows or sunroof in hot days.
after fixed you will have more advanced function.
1. when lock the door (one touch lock), windows and sunroof will roll up automatically right now. (the old version will roll up after 4 seconds later)
2. "lock"+"trunk" will make windows in original state.
3. hold on "unlock" windows roll down to any position you want.

best regards