Kumho eco Solus HM KR22

MicroRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
Looking
I thought I would give my first report on these tires. First off the tires I had on were 205/55R16 Michelin Destiny'sThey were completely wore out. The best fuel mileage I got on these tires was 54.6mpg.(@40psi).

I wanted a high mileage tire with resonable fuel mileage. I read good reviews on this tire except for here. My first mileage reading for this tire was 51.3mpg. I am only running tire pressures of 36psi so I am very impressed. I will pump the pressure up to 40psi when it gets warmer.

I expected to get worse fuel mileage with new tires, I'm not sure that will be the case with these tires.

The results are good so far for a 100,000 mile tire. I did get 205/60R16 tires because I wanted a 91 rating tire and most 205/55R15 tires were only rated 89. So far I am happy with the ride traction and fuel mileage. I keep reporting as I get more miles on these tires.

2001 Jetta GLS TDI

Last edited:

White Crow

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 gls tdi
I have had a set for the last 10,000 miles I think they are great tires and the tread ware rating is 880! The Michelin's were ok but I was disappointed with the tread ware two sets in 100K and they were pretty well shot.

White Crow

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 gls tdi
I have had a set for the last 10,000 miles I think they are great tires and the tread ware rating is 880! The Michelin's were ok but I was disappointed with the tread ware two sets in 100K and they were pretty well shot.

white95v6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta 5spd tdi 2003 jetta jw 5spd tdi
i don't remember the tires that where on the car before. they where 195/60r15. soo thats what i got when i went to the kumos. after 8k miles i have gottten the same fuel mileage as with the other tires. its almost always 47 or so mpg. they where the only 100k tire i could find in this size that was not overpriced in my mind. i found a few 75k tires but again more then i felt like spending at the time.

i did have a sidewall failure on one tire soo far. and the tire shop covered that tire. they said it was not a problem in construction. but for two huge bubbles to form on the inside side wall for no reason. sure was not my fault lol.

over all i am happy with these tires. can't wait to see how long they will last me. we drive about 45k to 50k per yr. soo it won't take too long to find out lol.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I just put a set of these on my new beetle too. 205/60/16. So far so good. Handle well and hoping for long lasting with no loss in mpg.

MicroRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
Looking
I put a lot of miles this week on my Jetta this week. I averaged 53.2 mpg. I really expected my mileage to be lower because for at least 150 miles I was going 75mph.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I am running B50, but I've really never found any fuel mileage loss due to B50.

Last edited: