Kudos

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
I think a great round of applause should go out to all of those responsible for organizing and putting on the TDI Fest 2003...

My wife and I had a great time and look forward to next years event with much anticipation. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Yes. One outstanding job was put on by the organizers. Suds, Vic, GoFaster, JE, David, Len. Had an awesome time!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
[ QUOTE ]
NewJettaGuy said:
I think a great round of applause should go out to all of those responsible for organizing and putting on the TDI Fest 2003...

My wife and I had a great time and look forward to next years event with much anticipation. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

emphatic ditto

and in coop speak

FinAWSOME

Gord

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 2001, yellow
I agree, great event, great people, great fun! Really cool too meet the people behind the names on this board.

A big thanks to WingNut (Nigel) for checking my car out with his VagCom and installing the new Pierburg MAF (thanks for bringing those Lito!). I knew something wasn't feeling right.

When I came back from test-driving it after the install, it felt better but I couldn't rule out placebo effect. After driving around Sunday night and home on Monday, there is no doubt the original MAF was going south. She's got her original growl and bite back! Even fully loaded, I kept having to back out of the power to avoid running over an A3 2.slow that was passing ahead of us on hwy 7. I just sat on their bumper waving at them to get a move on if you're gonna be passing! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can just imagine what it must be like for you guys with power!

Hope everyone had a safe and un-eventfull drive home.

Thanks again,

-Gord

Dizel Mork

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999, midnight blue
I'd also like to thanks everybody who organized the event. I had a lot of fun during the rally (came in 3rd /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and also got to meet sooty who was my insperation for swaping a tdi in my a2 jetta. was fun seeing so many tdi's all at the same place. Learnt alot also durring the tech talk and from talking to everyone. Also got chipped...very enjoyable. boosts up to 20psi now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Metalnerd

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 Passat TDI Storm Grey
Our Canadian club brethren did an excellent job. All the activities went like clockwork, the scenery was impressive and the meals were incredible. Mrs. Metalnerd took great pleasure in meeting the club members face-to-face.

Thanks again to the Burlington/Toronto team.

The next time I go on a 60 minute rally, I will limit the java and be sure to make a pit stop BEFORE the race. /images/graemlins/eek.gif

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
I am glad that everybody enjoyed themselves...it was fun.

great to finally meet the faces.....even if they weren't too pretty ( gewilli) to look at /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hope to see u all sooner than.....

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
great job, you guys. best fest i've ever been to.

(ok, ok, only fest i've ever been to. but still a metric crapload of fun!

Jane

Veteran Member
Yes, you guys put on a great fest. I had a good time -- just wish I had gotten more sleep on Sunday night (or should I say Monday morning). That was a rough plane ride!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Many thanks for all your hard work.

-----

fincoop

Veteran Member
[ QUOTE ]
Vik F said:
even if they weren't too pretty ( gewilli) to look at /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Vik, I didn't even come close to quota on abusing Geoff that weekend /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fincoop

Veteran Member
[ QUOTE ]
Jane said:
Yes, you guys put on a great fest. I had a good time -- just wish I had gotten more sleep on Sunday night (or should I say Monday morning). That was a rough plane ride!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Many thanks for all your hard work.

-----

[/ QUOTE ]

Sleep wasn't in the original itinerary, consider yourself lucky that we let you sleep at all.

BrianHarrison

TDIClub Enthusiast, Registered Vendor , w/Business
TDI
Golf GLS TDI 2005, Touareg V10 TDI 2004
I would like to thank all the organizers for TDIFest 2003 for organizing such an enjoyable event. The rally was lots of fun and was very well planned. I thought for sure that my partner "wren" and I were doing good when we had five cars behind us at one point, who would have thought there would be some traffic at the end to slow things down.
I also liked the coordination with "Ribfest".
Anyways, it's good to be back home in Nova Scotia driving my own TDI instead of a gas guzzling Hyundai Accent rental car.
Thanks again;

BrianHarrison

TDIClub Enthusiast, Registered Vendor , w/Business
TDI
Golf GLS TDI 2005, Touareg V10 TDI 2004
[ QUOTE ]
fincoop said:
[ QUOTE ]
BrianHarrison said:
gas guzzling Hyundai Accent

[/ QUOTE ]

Gas guzzling Accent? Man, you're harsh. Doesn't that border on hate crime? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just used to getting 800km or more before filling up instead of around 300km !! You get spoiled with long range driving VW diesels.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I agree with Jack. Well done guys and gals. This is a very hard thing to pull off.

I really liked the way we were able to close off the back lot of the hotel. That was just great.

thanks,

Lito