Knoebels PPP/ informal TDI GTG

jasonlava

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle GLS TDI, 2003, White
Next weekend is the Covered Bridge Festival/Phoenix Phall Phunphest at Knoebels Amusement Resort in PA. I'll be there with my Beetle. Anyone else want to come out and enjoy some coasters and have a GTG, that would be great.

My favorite car and my favorite roller coaster.

This is gonna be fun /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pjr107

Will be there will kids, food and our jetta! Hope you like taco salad cause I know that's what my wife will prob end up making (she tell's me its her quick cheat to larger meals /images/graemlins/smile.gif). Should we arrange a meeting place?
Anyone else gathering?

PJ

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I am a possible to probable. I was planning going to Hershey or Dorney with friends that weekend. But I will try to change it to Knoebels. I keep ya informed.

Hey PJ, when were you thinking of driving up? I am from Wayne, though my Girl lives in NorthEast Philly. maybe we can caravan?

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
OK it's offical, I am in with my Fiancee. What camp are you staying at. Knoebels Campground or Lake Glory Campground?

Thanks

Gero and Ginnie

pjr107

We are staying at the Inn of Mom and Dad... but if anyone needs some camping equiptment, let us know. We were up there Labor Day weekend and as much as my wife likes to camp, I like a warm dry bed /images/graemlins/smile.gif
We were thinking of leaving Friday nite, its about 2 1/2 to 3 hr trip. We can get you right to the door step of either campgroup... send an email to my wife (another PJ) at LabRatt42@yahoo.com and we can get specific.
For meeting at the park, Saturday (11/4), we could get together for lunch? I haven't looked at what's going on up there so I don't know a good time slot.
Other news, we just picked up the VAG com so if anyone needs it or wants to play, we will have it with us. Again, WE JUST GOT IT TODAY so we have NO clue how to even play well with it!
Waiting for email!
PJ

jasonlava

Veteran Member
TDI
[ QUOTE ]
Leo819 said:
OK it's offical, I am in with my Fiancee. What camp are you staying at. Knoebels Campground or Lake Glory Campground?

Thanks

Gero and Ginnie

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be camping Fri and Sat night at "Camp RRC". Go over the covered bridge. Turn left at the roller coaster /images/graemlins/laugh.gif(Texas Ave runs behind Twister) and go all the way to corner. You'll see the sign that says "rec.roller-coaster" and a bunch of tents. You'll no doubt see my Bug parked somewhere close.

You'll get to see the coaster enthusiast community in action.

The Phoenix is gonna Phly!

jasonlava

Veteran Member
TDI
Today is the day! Hopefully I'll see some of you there at Knoebels.

The Coaster Mobile doing the ultimate coaster trip. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
We are leaving on Friday evening too. Probably around 6pm to 7pm, from Northeast Philly. around Roosevelt Blvd. and Harbison AVE. Drive up the Blvd. then onto the turnpike. We are gonna eat on the way up or go to a Diner in the area first.

I drive a tinted 03 reflex silver Jetta wagon with a trailer hitch installed. I have a <>< fish badge on the left side of the tailgate.

Me doing my 5000mile oil change tonight... though I could hold off until I am up there, and do it there /images/graemlins/smile.gif. hmmmm.

jasonlava

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll be parked in the campground at "Camp RRC". White NB with tinted windows.

I'll be in the park all day Sat and Sun. I'll be wearing a "Lake Winnie" or "Six Flags New Orleans" T-shirt.

Metal Man

Vendor
TDI
1998 NB TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2014 Tiguan gas, , 2019 E Golf X2
I was there for Saturday night.I think I saw Leo819 as we were walking in you were driving out.We had a good time with all of those coaster nuts. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I was planning on coming up for the Weekend. But my Schedule kept changing. So I came up Saturday afternoon. I saw Jasonlava's NB. in the campground and parked near there, and went into the park. I was hoping that he would see my wagon and meet. but no luck. MEtal MAn driving a RED NB? Ok did see ya the main parking lot. I did see you looking at me, but it's didn't know for sure if you were driving a NB TDI.You guys are tricky to spot. I was driving back to philly that night, kind of needed to head back. I was cruising the lot, before I left, to see if I can catch the other's there. I had bad cell reception there. I was looking for Patrick.

OMG- I am also a hunter. LOL. I planned my trip carefully to go through Hamburg, PA. CABELA"S was having there "offical" Grand Opening there. I am speechless. Like vegas for us huntin folk. Took me 1 hr to go 5 miles. /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.