Kill Stories... post em up!

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
Well Bob, I don't what to compare the Chevette to to give you an idea. Dodge Omni maybe. Cadillac Cimarron.

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
When our Chevettes were running well, they'd take you anywhere. You wanna talk about fun in the snow. I miss rear wheel drive (even in a Chevette).

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Except the Cimarron was on the Cavalier platform, and the Cavalier was 50 times better than the Chevette from what I hear.

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
They should've called it the cockroach instead of the Chevette. Just when you think they're all gone, you see another one.

PeeWee

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon, 97 Passat Sedan
eyeguy said:
They should've called it the cockroach instead of the Chevette. Just when you think they're all gone, you see another one.
Those Chevettes never seem to die. My brother met his wife to be when he was Dealer service manager, she came in and asked if they would service her chevette he replied your shove it , she said no my chevette why did you call it a shove it, he replied because you should shove it off a cliff.

I still see these in Ontario Canada where you would figure they would be a pile of rust by now. :D

ta79pr

Veteran Member
TDI
02 TTQ (BEW)
no way, diesel mustang? sorry for the offtopic.
The tdi beetle w/ evry will take a 92 5.0 from a stop up to about 60mph, then the mustang gets to third gear and comes alive.

woofie2 said:
HAHAHAHAHAA,
yes, they did have a diesel, but then they had a diesel mustang too. (in 1984, I have the popular mechanics which took it for a test drive, it is also funny to read about the gearheads complaining about how the computers are killing the cars, hummm, now they are making them better....)

VictrolaJazz

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle GL 5-Spd Sunset Orange
eyeguy said:
Lots of bad memories coming back.
Talk about bad memories--if you fail to realize how good we have it today, take a look at the statistics table in any Motor Trend magazine from 1976--there are three cars that could do 0-60 in less than 10 seconds, and not even really low single digits--a Corvette, some kind of exotic and an intermediate size Chrysler product with a 360. It provides a good laugh, too--it's hard to believe what worthless garbage cans cars came to be from about 1974-1985 (the last year encompasses the era of the 125 HP 4.1 full size Cadillac). Cars 20 years old then could run circles around the new ones!

Last edited:

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Well this really the first time I've done something like this. Couple of nights ago I was in my Golf driving home, as I was leaving town a 05-06 Mustang comes cruisin by me in a 30 mph zone. I stay close to him while we're in town, then just as we are ready to leave the city limits and the road turns into highway, I pull in behind him since I have a slow buick in front of me. He gets on it thinking he'll show off his car and moves over into the right lane. I'm in 3rd expecting this to happen. I give my Golf WOT and pull up beside him real quick, we both have our cars floored. I stayed beside him until about 60-65 mph then he leaves me behind for awhile but after he reaches *ahem* a "certain" speed he either stayed there or thats all he had. But anyway I passed him before my turnoff. Anyone know the top speed of a stock 05 mustang?

I was actually impressed by the way my Golf handled vs. a mustang.:D

Later--B

PS: There was no traffic on the roads except for the buick we passed in town. Otherwise I would have never done something like this, plus I had no passengers, and this only lasted for 1.5 miles.

sharptdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
-04 Mazda 3 5spd
-04 Civic LX 5spd (cousins car)...along with MANY other civics
-01 Jetta VR6 5spd
-Had a good run against a friends turbo Integra...only running 6psi, I held him off until 120 and then he slowly walked past me b/c i was running out of steam (4200+rpm..)
-Acura RSX Type-s 6spd
-Nissan Altima 2.5s
-2005 Jetta TDI...never got a chance to find out what he had done to it but it was a close run, only had him by two cars at 90

-Leaving the Greenbrier VW dealer awhile back and one of the dealers was right in front of me in an 04 GLI... I came up beside him and the next light and he started inching foward....He got a half car jump on me from the light...but by the top of third i was about a car and a half ahead of him....needless to say the look on his face at the next light was priceless!:D

Good times,
Sharptdi

Last edited:

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner
ta79pr said:
The tdi beetle w/ evry will take a 92 5.0 from a stop up to about 60mph, then the mustang gets to third gear and comes alive.
My TDI stock could take them from a 20MPH roll, they hit the rev limiter every time.
my only loss to a mustang was an SVT, but then he and I turned onto the highway at the same time, I went to pass and he hit it, I was a bout a 1/4 body length behind him. I want a rematch, but I quit stirring the High school Rice around town after I got tuned, it's to dangerous, and not very challenging.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
The diesel Chevette's had a 1.8L engine made by Isuzu. Same motor they put into their Isuzu I-Mark in the early 80's. I've owned my share of Isuzu diesel pickups but they came with a 2.2L. I timed my 0-60 in the last truck I owned it was like 24 seconds.:eek: And thats with a turbo!:p Needless to say I never made any kills with it.

Later--B

Last edited:

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner
vwjettadsl said:
The diesel Chevette's had a 1.8L engine made by Isuzu. Same motor they put into their Isuzu I-Mark in the early 80's. I've owned my share of Isuzu diesel pickups but they came with a 1.9L. I timed my 0-60 in the last truck I owned it was like 24 seconds.:eek: And thats with a turbo!:p Needless to say I never made any kills with it.

Later--B
*Shudder* talk about dragging up old memories, I loved the truck, (Chevy Luv was the same as the Isuzu pup) a 2.2L 4-cylinder(no turbo), top speed of 70 (down a 3 mile hill with a tail wind). man would it be great with an Audi v6 TDI swap and awd system..... but the body went by way of the rust monster.
I got beat by a kid on a bike in that truck.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
woofie2 said:
*Shudder* talk about dragging up old memories, I loved the truck, (Chevy Luv was the same as the Isuzu pup) a 2.2L 4-cylinder(no turbo), top speed of 70 (down a 3 mile hill with a tail wind). man would it be great with an Audi v6 TDI swap and awd system..... but the body went by way of the rust monster.
I got beat by a kid on a bike in that truck.
At least my truck with a turbo could get up to 75 downhill!:p If only VW had a TDI truck in the states.:D

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
Bob_Fout said:
A 92 5.0 is that slow in 0-60?
That generation of the Fox platform was recorded as having 0-60 anywhere from 6.9 to 7.2 seconds. You show me a TDI with an Evry mod that does those numbers and I'll buy them a Rocketchip. Sorry, I just don't believe that it is possible. :rolleyes:

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
I was going around a corner late at night and this rabbit just came along. There was nothing I could do so I SMOKED HIM! Does that count as a kill?

Maybe this then cross posted from another site (the result of this incident was a new drive shaft later in the fall lol):

Well I was in Thunder bay this summer, having a bit of a vacation as we drive out to Winnipeg from Greenwood, NS

I roll up to the lights (which are in an 80km/h zone) and a civic with a bumble bee tuna muffler pulls up next to me
I look over and smirk as I note the $800 GPS nav glued to the dash and the rusted out fenders... The guy's girlfriend notices me quietly chuckling to myself and I see her nudge her boyfriend and motion in our direction. Vrroooom bzzzt goes the civic (It's on now baby!)

I quietly tell my wife to secure herself and reach down to flick on the evry mod
The light turns green and I go down about 1/2 on the throttle then nail it to the rug, I'm now smoking the tires off my car through the intersection with a full load, and by full load I mean a 1500lb boat/trailer combo my wife and two kids and all of our stuf for a cross country trip
About the time we are 3/4 of the way by the civic (including the trailer) my wife informs me (in between maniacle laughter) that it's only an 80km/h zone and I should slow from my current speed of 95km/h+

I let off and allow the civic to go by in an angry bee swarm fit, I was highly entertained by this encounter. I only wonder if the GPS nav helps him get where he wants to go faster

Here's a pic from my phone of the car and trailer

VEGASTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Bob_Fout said:
A 92 5.0 is that slow in 0-60?

First there were diesel Mustangs :rolleyes: ..............now these amazing TDI's are beating 5.0's 0-60 AND beating 300HP '05's in top speed.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: (actually, he never said V6 or v8...but either way)

I must have got a real lemon of a TDI.

How do these threads on EVERY board turn into these BS fests???

Last edited:

VEGASTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
fastvicar said:
That generation of the Fox platform was recorded as having 0-60 anywhere from 6.9 to 7.2 seconds. You show me a TDI with an Evry mod that does those numbers and I'll buy them a Rocketchip. Sorry, I just don't believe that it is possible. :rolleyes:

Thank you.

VEGASTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
vwjettadsl said:
Anyone know the top speed of a stock 05 mustang?

300HP GT or 200+ V6???

I assure you that our TDI will not be in the same area code as our '06 GT in ANY contest of speed.

Then again, the Mustang will have to stop for fuel nearly twice as often as the GTI............they each have their place.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
VEGASTDI said:
First there were diesel Mustangs :rolleyes: ..............now these amazing TDI's are beating 5.0's 0-60 AND beating 300HP '05's in top speed.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: (actually, he never said V6 or v8...but either way)

How do these threads on EVERY board turn into these BS fests???
If you think this one is rich in fertilizer, you should read the "What's your top speed" thread:D You could print that thread out, shred the pages, spread it on your flower beds or lawn and have an excellent yard come Spring!

ta79pr

Veteran Member
TDI
02 TTQ (BEW)
I have a 92 convertible, the heaviest of the bunch. The LX 5.0 comes with gears for cruising not 1/4 mile runs. Now I will admit the mustang could use a tune up and the beetle runs like a champ, but the fact is a mustang is a heavy cow and doesnt spool up like the beetle.

" That generation of the Fox platform was recorded as having 0-60 anywhere from 6.9 to 7.2 seconds." maybe brand new.

maybe i just suck at driving and my wife is a better shifter. what is a tdi beetle's posted 0-60 time?
I see a lot of horsepower numbers posted, but i thought we all drive torque?
torque to weight ratios are pretty good in these cars.

sorry for my retort, lets get back to kill stories.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
Slave2school said:
I let off and allow the civic to go by in an angry bee swarm fit, I was highly entertained by this encounter. I only wonder if the GPS nav helps him get where he wants to go faster
LOL!:D

Originally Posted by VEGASTDI

How do these threads on EVERY board turn into these **BLEEP** fests???
Mustang was a V6 and last night I was searching the mustang forums and from what I could find all the V6 cars from like 95 and up have a governor:p on them ranging anywhere from 112-118 mph. Unless they get the computer reprogrammed then they can get like 136+ mph. So with that info I would say that even a stock TDI in good running condition could match the top end of a V6 Stang.:cool:

Later--B

Last edited:

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
This is a little more realistic. Red Camry, 2 generations old. This too had the fartcan exhaust. I was at the light and was rocking the car a little and the guy starts revving the engine. Being a typical male I of course rev a little too. When the light turns green I take off and the guy is nowhere near close so I back off. So when we come to the next light I let him go. The best part wasn't the win however, it was the VTEC sticker on the trunk. I'd like to get a set of train horns so when these kids wanna race I can blast the horns when they launch.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
ta79pr said:
I have a 92 convertible, the heaviest of the bunch. The LX 5.0 comes with gears for cruising not 1/4 mile runs. Now I will admit the mustang could use a tune up and the beetle runs like a champ, but the fact is a mustang is a heavy cow and doesnt spool up like the beetle.

" That generation of the Fox platform was recorded as having 0-60 anywhere from 6.9 to 7.2 seconds." maybe brand new.

maybe i just suck at driving and my wife is a better shifter. what is a tdi beetle's posted 0-60 time?
I see a lot of horsepower numbers posted, but i thought we all drive torque?
torque to weight ratios are pretty good in these cars.

sorry for my retort, lets get back to kill stories.
A stock A4 TDI 0-60 is 12 seconds for the VE, 11 for the PD.

Nearly any other I-4 motor will beat that. 0-60 is all about HP.