Key questions......

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
Hi all

I am in the process of trying to figure out how to get the SKC, Workshop Code, Importer # and date in order to be more independant from stupid dealers.

I have Vagcom.

I read that Jeff (Rocketchip) can get these numbers for me when I send him my ECU for tuning, but I heard that the SKC is now a rolling code that is only good for 24 hours or something to that effect. Is that true?

Thanks for any help

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
The 7-digit code that you used to be able to get at the dealer was indeed a rolling code, which was converted by the scan-tool (either the dealers' or VAG-COM) to the true 4-digit fixed code that the car needs.

If someone extracts a code from the car directly, they will extract the true 4-digit code -- which you can always use by itself instead of the 7-digit rolling code and all the parameters needed to convert it.

-Uwe-

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well thats good news!

Thanks for the info

Now Ive got a 'logical' reason to send the ECU off to Jeff for a little more fun

Airliner

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 1.9TDi Avant Quattro 2001 silver
AFAIK, the SKC is not stored in the ECU, it is stored in your instrument cluster (immobilizer).

Airliner

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 1.9TDi Avant Quattro 2001 silver
Uwe said:
If the car is Immo-3 (MY 2002+) it's stored in both.

-Uwe-
Hmm, sure about that UWE ? I thought only immo 4 and 5 had the SKC stored in both ?

But I might be wrong :)

Tarjei, Norway

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Back again......

I got the ECU back from Jeff, and he gave me a 5 digit immo login number that he said will work.

Does anyone have a procedure for programming keys with this 5 digit number?

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
hmmm....I found some info on rosstech's site.....

I try to login inside the 'instruments' block, and it seems to work until I hit 'do it' and then half the time the immo light on the cluster stays on and nothing happens or I get a 'login lost due to dropped session.'

Not sure where to go from here........vag com works great for me other than this problem......the computer that I am running this on is old, could that be the prob?

Uwe

A 5-digit code can't possibly be right for that car unless the first digit is a 0. SKC's for those cars are 4 digits.

-Uwe-

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
The immo light staying on is an indication of successful login.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
But nothing seems to happen from there......what I read said that the login screen would come back up......

ill try again

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ah.....silly me. I was expecting something to come up and tell me I was logged in......I dont have specific directions for using this 5 digit code.

But it worked! I now have two keys that will start the car.

However, the new key that I programmed does not work with the keyless entry deal. Do I need to do something else to get the keyless entry to work?

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
FOB programming is done via the Cent. Conv. (46). Assuming power door locks. Search for the instructins here or at Ross-Tech.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Alrighty......

I downloaded and printed the three methods of keyless door fob programming.......

I didnt have luck with any of the three.

First, I tried to just add a second key without erasing the fist key. That didnt work. Second, I tried to erase both keys and start fresh. (block 00, and set new value to 0 and save) but that didnt erase my existing key fob programming.

I also tried the other method of manually locking the door with the new fob and pressing the unlock button on the key, but that didnt work either.

I fiddled with it for quite a while and no luck........it is pry something simple just like it was with the immo programming. (That works beautifully, BTW)

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Hi Matt,

Aligning keys and ecu, etc. it very easy, since I gave you the login.
Please call me if you have questions, it'll save you lots of time searching here.

Jeff

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
I can't get a VW dealer to give me the codes needed to reprogram my keys. So I am have been out of luck even with vagcom.

Did I understand correctly that somebody like Jeff from Rocketchip and get my code if I send in my ECU?

And with that code I can do all key reprogramming?

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Hi,
Yes, I can pull your login from your ecu for 02-03 immo3 cars. I'll need the cluster for 00-01 immo2 cars. Both gas or diesels.
Jeff

NFSTDI

TDI
'98 Jetta
mannytranny said:
Alrighty......

I downloaded and printed the three methods of keyless door fob programming.......

I didnt have luck with any of the three.

First, I tried to just add a second key without erasing the fist key. That didnt work. Second, I tried to erase both keys and start fresh. (block 00, and set new value to 0 and save) but that didnt erase my existing key fob programming.

I also tried the other method of manually locking the door with the new fob and pressing the unlock button on the key, but that didnt work either.

I fiddled with it for quite a while and no luck........it is pry something simple just like it was with the immo programming. (That works beautifully, BTW)
When you did the manual programming did you have one key in the ignition? That's the way I had to do the remote on my 1998.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The gauge cluster.......it apparently has a mind of its own!