KESSY problem/fault

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
Our 15 wagon is having an issue with the kessy remote unlock. Touching the drivers door handle doesn’t unlock the car, nor lock the car. Inside, the MFI gives a keyless fault. VCDS-Mobile scan shows a B116f fault code for antenna open circuit.
All I could find online is in the Phaeton forums that the button goes bad, basically nothing pertaining to the mk7. Other than it’s inside the door handle, the antenna.
Have an appointment in 1 month for service department, as a backup, but I’d like to fix it myself. Any tips?

FJBGTD

TDI
Golf GTD
B116F is a faulty drivers door handle sensor or the wiring to it. First check the wiring is not broken in the rubber boot between the door and the body.

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
Wiring in door boot is good. I ohm tested between the door plug, and the door handle plug, jiggled wires, tested ok. I know that it’s not a load test, but that’s the best I can do with what I have.
Searched all over online and it’s a very difficult item to get used that’s in the US. Can get it from Europe, but shipping is 1/2 of the part price. So went with the lowest price one as a “test” to see if it solves the issue. If it does, I’ll paint it. If not I have an appointment at the dealer in 3 weeks. That’s the best they could do.

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
Everything that I could physically check, and check with vagcom is ok. I took a chance and ordered a pair of door handles. Replaced the drivers, cleared the codes, and works like normal. Just have to have the handle painted. Tried a diy color match spray paint, turned out like poo. So off to the pros it goes.

Hirsch2412

TDI
I'm actually having a similar problem with with my 2012 but I'm also getting the 1052939 "Touch Sensor on Exterior Door Grip; Driver Side". I'm trying to determine if it's the wiring or actual door handle that needs to be replaced. Sorry for the noob question but how do I ohm test the plug in the door and the plug in the handle? Do you know what values the multimeter should be showing?

Thanks!

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
The only thing I checked was if there was continuity between the handle wiring and the hinge connection.
I don’t know specifically ohms for checking the components.

Google ohm meter video. They will explain way better than I can. But it’s easy with the basics.